Jim

Wanted: Original / OE Style Sony Head Unit

Hi..

Just wondered if anyone had one of the basic Sony cassette player head units kicking around that they didn't want any more? Since my car became a non-daily driver and because I disconnect my battery whenever my car isn't in use, I'm getting increasingly bored of having to set my head unit up every time I come to drive it - setting EQ's, DAB channels, etc :) I figure the solution is to just stick back in the boring old Sony head unit instead.

Anyone?

Thanks.

I have a very basic Sony Radio/CD Player that I took out of mine as the CD was erratic to non existent at times - If you can use it then it's yours?

Ian.

Hi..

Just wondered if anyone had one of the basic Sony cassette player head units kicking around that they didn't want any more? Since my car became a non-daily driver and because I disconnect my battery whenever my car isn't in use, I'm getting increasingly bored of having to set my head unit up every time I come to drive it - setting EQ's, DAB channels, etc :) I figure the solution is to just stick back in the boring old Sony head unit instead.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Surely even that unit will need re tuning every time? Unless the original sony has an analog fm tuner and external EQ?

Also what sort of time scale do you see fit to disconnect the battery? i leave mine sometimes for upto a month in the garage battery connected? it is a bosch 4 star, but am i running any risks? or are you just being extra careful?

Surely even that unit will need re tuning every time? Unless the original sony has an analog fm tuner and external EQ?

Also what sort of time scale do you see fit to disconnect the battery? i leave mine sometimes for upto a month in the garage battery connected? it is a bosch 4 star, but am i running any risks? or are you just being extra careful?

It's more that I don't drive it for weeks at a time and it tends to drain the battery down if it's not been fired up for 3 weeks or so. It's not kept in a garage near my house so I can't leave it hooked up to a trickle charger either unfortunately!

I have a very basic Sony Radio/CD Player that I took out of mine as the CD was erratic to non existent at times - If you can use it then it's yours?

Ian.

Cheers Ian but would be good to get one fully working I think :) Thanks though.

What about a solar charger?

What about a solar charger?

I have thought about one of those... wonder how long the cables are as I'd need to run it out of a garage door every time!

I have thought about one of those... wonder how long the cables are as I'd need to run it out of a garage door every time!

What type of roof does the garage have? If its corrugated then there's usually air gaps for ventillation where the ridge meets the roof panels or where the roof meets the sides at the eves. I'm sure you could lengthen the 2 wires?

d85a31a63bb90d29048fe6fb1f33d22d.jpg

Jim,

Just been down my workshop and dug this out for you. Took it out of a VR that I broke a while back. As far as I know it's fully working and it's yours for the price of postage plus a pint if you want it.

7be7f63ca3493dcdd7617ba01a7cf7d7.jpg

I'm going on holiday on Thursday so I've brought it home with me in a box, let me know if you want it and I should be able to post it to you tomorrow.

Cheers

Tom

Awesome dude! Yes please! Send me some PayPal info :)

What type of roof does the garage have? If its corrugated then there's usually air gaps for ventillation where the ridge meets the roof panels or where the roof meets the sides at the eves. I'm sure you could lengthen the 2 wires?

The asbestos corrugated type. I'm looking at a number of panels which come with suction feet. The garage is in a communal alley way, but it is gated and locked.. it's possible it would get pinched if it was stuck to the garage door, but good chance it might not :) But maybe putting such a thing on the roof would make more sense.