EJ Taylor

PCV valve delete? DO I? DONT I?

mines split, but a little K & N filter came with my SC kit few years back to replace it, i was deterred by oil splatting all over my bay? has anyone got any experience of this?

Or is it one of those, dont really matter things

EJ - you can buy the PCV valve itself from Ford & they are nice & cheap IIRC - one of the galaxy's uses the same part

dont go to VW as they try to sell you pretty much the entire air intake section

I had the same on my old VR and ended up trying to epoxy it back together as I couldn't find another.

When I bought my G60 it had the K&N filters on the crank breather and the ISV, and the engine bay was covered in oil! I mean COVERED!

It was good because it meant nothing under my bonnet was rusty.......but not so nice when you needed to do work on it.

I ended up re-instating all the standard pipework and spent about a week de-greasing and pressure washing the engine, gearbox, firewall, heat shields and all the wiring looms.

I'm not sure how similar it would be on the VR, wouldn't imagine its too bad as long as you clean it regularly.

its just split where the house meets the rubber disc valve exterior so i think just the part. Dont suppose you know a link? or where/ what i need to ask for?

I had the same on my old VR and ended up trying to epoxy it back together as I couldn't find another.

When I bought my G60 it had the K&N filters on the crank breather and the ISV, and the engine bay was covered in oil! I mean COVERED!

It was good because it meant nothing under my bonnet was rusty.......but not so nice when you needed to do work on it.

I ended up re-instating all the standard pipework and spent about a week de-greasing and pressure washing the engine, gearbox, firewall, heat shields and all the wiring looms.

I'm not sure how similar it would be on the VR, wouldn't imagine its too bad as long as you clean it regularly.

good feedback thanks man, very helpful!

You could install an oil catch can. Get some stainless steel wool and put that in the can to increase surface area To help condense the oil vapours.

its just split where the house meets the rubber disc valve exterior so i think just the part. Dont suppose you know a link? or where/ what i need to ask for?

let me check my build thread EJ, i might have put it in there

let me check my build thread EJ, i might have put it in there

ha ha i thought i did

"looking at the ford invoice it shows 7364573 & was £32.50+vat"

there you go EJ :)

may as well replace it with the correct part rather than a bodge or a fix which will cause you more work IE cleaning

You could install an oil catch can. Get some stainless steel wool and put that in the can to increase surface area To help condense the oil vapours.

nice man, have to look into this!

ha ha i thought i did

"looking at the ford invoice it shows 7364573 & was £32.50+vat"

there you go EJ :)

may as well replace it with the correct part rather than a bodge or a fix which will cause you more work IE cleaning

Absolute legend thanks mate!!!!

I've ditched mine and fitted a 42Draft or Draft42 oil catch can.

sounds posh Jim - are they shiney? lol

& how costly?

sounds posh Jim - are they shiney? lol

& how costly?

yer im tempted now tbh, guna scope the bay later and see where one might look nice

I got mine 2nd hand off the forum so was cheaper than normal, and its the stealth one in a black crinkle finish so not shiny. Makes it look like i'm a serious engine tuner though so i like it :lol:

I got mine 2nd hand off the forum so was cheaper than normal, and its the stealth one in a black crinkle finish so not shiny. Makes it look like i'm a serious engine tuner though so i like it :lol:

can we have a picture pls Jim if possible? :)