edzer

Passenger Window dropped 10mm or So

Hi,

My passenger window is not quite going fully closed when you put it up so it leaves a small gap which lets in water and causes a lot of wind noise. I you physically push the window up it closes until you open and close the window again then the problem reappears.

Was wondering if anybody else has come across this and knows what the problem is and if there's an easy fix that doesn't involve replacing the whole mech? I had the door card off and nothing appears out of the ordinary and a trawl through the forum has come up blank.

Cheers guys.

Could be the cable in the mechanism. Mine did that small gap when i first got it. And then one day it just dropped and wouldn't go up at all.

make sure the window is able to travel up and down in the window channels freely, i had a mk4 golf that had a slight dent in the channel and sometimes the window would pick up on it and send it straight back down, i dont know much about windows on the corrado other then how to fit them so im just assuming the corrado has the same kind of anti hand chop off feature like the mk4 when it feels a restriction or something in the way etc

Pretty sure the channels are all good. other than not quite going all the way it seems to work fine.

Cheers for replying guys.

I have this issue too on my drivers side door. Please let us all know if you find the cause or solution.