tom_rob_89

d90's streched tyres.

Hay guys im goin to be buying some porsche d90's at the weekend but im just a little concerned that the tyrs on them are over streched. This is how the listing reads:

The front wheels are 7J with an offset of ET55, rears are 8J with an offset of ET52.3

2x165/45/16 with 7mm 2x185/50/16 with 6mm

Does this sound right or not to you guys because ive never had streched before.

Thanks for any advise u can give me

Cheers Tom

Any chance of some pictures? Could come down to tyre brand but.... I'm currently running 205's on my 8J wheels and that's plenty of stretch in my opinion. Not sure I'd want to try running a tyre a further 2cm narrower.

Cheers for ur quick replys guys.The guy says he has been runnig 165 on 7j for the last year but i dont know if thats truth haha.

If I was to put my 205 45 16 off my current wheels on them would this be much better?

Is it the front ones that are 165 45 on 7j that are the concern? Or are the rears being 185 50 on 8j just as bad lol?

It wont let me upload pics from my phone :/ lol

Cheers Tom

The photos below show a 195.45 on a 7 inch front wheel and a 205.45 on an 8 inch rear wheel. Not really sure I'd want to go any narrower.

P5190009.jpg

P5190008.jpg

Is it the front ones that are 165 45 on 7j that are the concern? Or are the rears being 185 50 on 8j just as bad lol?

It wont let me upload pics from my phone :/ lol

Cheers Tom

hard to say because everyone has there own opinion on this subject as there are people out there that will happily use them, my rear tires are slightly stretched {205/45's on a 9j rim} im happy to use them from a safety aspect as its not extreme but im paranoid about being stop checked as ill have to sort it out as the police are always right! The way i see it, is every tire manufacturer has a tire size chart and it says what width tire are allowed to fit on what width rim , stick to it or try to as best you can...

Right thanks very much leon. They look like a reasonable amount of stretch, do u think the rears might be ok on 185 with them being a 50 profile rather than 45? Or do u think its still gonna be risky lol? I think i have a pair of 205 45 that i could put on the fronts if they are the main issue lol.

Cheers Tom

hard to say because everyone has there own opinion on this subject as there are people out there that will happily use them, my rear*tires*are slightly stretched {205/45's on a 9j rim} im happy to use them from a safety aspect as its not extreme but im paranoid about being stop checked as ill have to sort it out as the police are always right! The way i see it, is every*tire*manufacturer has a*tire*size chart and it says what width*tire*are allowed to fit on what width rim , stick to it or try to as best you can...

Thanks man so that might be about the same stretch with urs bein 205 45 on a 9j and mine bein a 185 50 on a 8j?

maybe cant say for sure dude,

Yeh of course bud. Thanks for ur help man. Im sure ill sort it out. Be easier to judge when i acctually have them haha.

Cheers Tom

the 165 on a 7j rim kinda takes the p155

My 8j Schmidts came with 185 on two and 165 on two - posted some picture of them on here but can't find the thread. The 185 looked quite stretched but the 165 were ridiculous and were fitted to the inner bead. Needless to say they were all changed. Now running 195 and 205 (replacements for front 195) both of which have a slight stretch.

My 8j Schmidts came with 185 on two and 165 on two - posted some picture of them on here but can't find the thread. The 185 looked quite stretched but the 165 were ridiculous and were fitted to the inner bead. Needless to say they were all changed. Now running 195 and 205 (replacements for front 195) both of which have a slight stretch.

Cheers man, what profile where the 185 on an 8j?

Cheers Tom

Cheers man, what profile where the 185 on an 8j?

Cheers Tom

Think they were 45.

Right cool so the one's im gettin are 185 50 on an 8j so might not be that bad lol. Might just have to replace the front one's then.