WillMK7

My lovely 2.0 16V

Evening chaps! Picked up my first rado today. Drove it back from Birmingham to Salisbury. Loved every minute of it, and didn't miss a beat! [ATTACH=CONFIG]82008[/ATTACH]

Photo was taken at Bird Lip near the M5 :dance: Was a really good day for a drive! efintely a different experience to driving my "10 plate TDCI Fiesta. But loved it!

Need insperation now, as this will be my daily ( Will use less in the winter obviously ) I'm thinking breaks are something that needs doing, theyre not bad, but for obvious reasons arent as responsive as the fiestas!

I'm Will and any help/ advice is appreciated!

Glad you enjoyed will welcome to the forum

Yippee another valver

Made sense to buy the 2.0 as this will be effectivly my daily! Managed to get 41 mpg according to the MAF ( Sure its wrong ) on the way back from Brummy!

Edited by WillMK7

40 mpg is doable with my 2.0 but not often. Traffic sees low to mid 20's, motorway about 36 and my usual mixed b roads/traffic 12mile commute sees 30-35.

The brake pedal seems to need a bit more of a push than modern cars, but you get used to it. I replaced mine discs/pads all round for some bosch and they bedding in great and stop well.

A few bits you can do to the 2.0 for some BHP without causing reliability issues (touch wood).

And welcome to the forum.

Welcome aboard - looks very nice and clean.

Nice finish on the wheels - the Estorils were notorious for corroding / fading and losing their lustre, but they look superb. Any more info on the car such as mileage, etc?

Regarding the brakes you can either just service the whole system (caliper rebuild, goodridge hoses, new discs & pads) or replace it all with the G60 280mm setup which is significantly better than the standard 256mm system :)

welcome, looks lovely!

I am only up the road in Devizes so hopefully I will see this around at some point!

Welcome aboard - looks very nice and clean.

Nice finish on the wheels - the Estorils were notorious for corroding / fading and losing their lustre, but they look superb. Any more info on the car such as mileage, etc?

Regarding the brakes you can either just service the whole system (caliper rebuild, goodridge hoses, new discs & pads) or replace it all with the G60 280mm setup which is significantly better than the standard 256mm system :)

Mileage is a healty 76,500ish :D The wheels are really in perfect condition. Although I do believe they were quite badly damaged when the last owner bought the car.He has done a great job of getting them how they are! The paint work is OK, it will need attention at some point in the future ( 2 years, maybe 3 ) But I would like to get it done sooner rather than later! IT hasn't be lowered or messed with at all. But after driving it for a few days, can't help thinking it may benefit from a small drop ( 35mm ). Has anyone done this? Most lowered rados seem to be one extreme or the other aha!

I'm loving the fact around town everyone give it a look, and have had a few waves and thumbs up from fellow VW drivers. Feels like its a secret club I've joint haha!

Would braded brake lines be a reccomendation? I have heard they will help with the overall firmness of the brake sysytem. Wether that is true or not is beyond me ha!

Personally I'd look into swapping to the 280mm setup instead. It'll give a substantial improvement over the standard 16v brakes!

Personally I'd look into swapping to the 280mm setup instead. It'll give a substantial improvement over the standard 16v brakes!

Okay bud! Is this a relatively easy upgrade? Will it just bolt on? Or is there modification required?