ray_vr6

New Calipers Req - these any good?

From what I'm lead to believe, sticking front callipers of our type can normally be easily fixed with just a bit of copper ease - I think water / crap sometimes gets past the dust seals on the slider pins / bolts. Removal, a bit of cleaning up and lubrication, and you should be back in business.

As Jim said, get caliper off and lube the piston change seal. easy to get out with a air compressor.

Or euro parts do pagid refurb units or you may be lucky with vwspares but I thinkk they only have one side.

As above, pistons can seize in the calipers as can the guide pins in the carriers, which problem does yours have?

Try brake engineering in Wrexham called trw also they refurb aswell and sell exchange units.a lot of companies use them and rebox

I've already done the slider pins but at the MOT last Month the OS caliper was flagged up as binding and although they freed it up it is beginning to do so again. My only problem with the eurocarparts offer is that living in a remote region returning the old units is problematic. Thats why I hoped someone had experience of the ebay items I found.

I've already done the slider pins but at the MOT last Month the OS caliper was flagged up as binding and although they freed it up it is beginning to do so again. My only problem with the eurocarparts offer is that living in a remote region returning the old units is problematic. Thats why I hoped someone had experience of the ebay items I found.

Don't have to return them, I kept mine so never got a refund on return item.