Sign in to follow this  
dinkus

Quickie on brakes

Gonna pick up my C on Friday and it's in need of some new pads/disks soon...

I want to put VAG disks and some Pagid FR pads on the front.

For the back am I right in going for all VAG?

Does anyone have a good site to get cheap Pagid's from?

Keep up the good work guys 8)

kev

honestly i`m not following you about!!!

but this is very relevant to me... car had VW service @95k advised new discs and pads in 5k!

now done 45K extra and finally i think the`ve given up the ghost

i`m going for VAG disc F&R

Pagid fast road pads front

VAG rear

is this correct??

BUMP for personal gain!!! :oops:

Go with Pagid FR front *and* rear, they're very good pads!

When you're at the back, check your handbrake cables are free moving and if the rear calipers are showing signs of imminent seizure, replace them with MK4 alloy ones.

handbrake ok as are calipers as i just replaced `em unfortunatly NOT with Mk4 ones!

do you know a price on these pad and disks??

I think the front disks are £36 from VAG each, dunno about the rest.

I need a new badge too so I was gonna give the stealer a call tomorrow and find out the damage. Is it worth getting ETKA codes for the disks to make sure the monkeys order the right ones? (Not actually tried my local VW stealer before, so I don't know what they're like, but I don't want to find out the hard way!)

Thanks guys. I'll get on the GSF site and put in an order for the Pagid's.

Edit: Errr they seem to have standard Pagid's and Pagid TQ's?

thats a bit more expensive than i thought!

does anyone know what the ones available from bosch dealers are like cos i can get a pair of OEM replacemnts for around half that price??

Don't quote me on that price, I just seem to remember a number something like that from previous threads, so they may be cheaper. I'm giving the stealer a call tomorrow anyway, so I'll ask then.l

I think the front disks are £36 from VAG each, dunno about the rest.

I need a new badge too so I was gonna give the stealer a call tomorrow and find out the damage. Is it worth getting ETKA codes for the disks to make sure the monkeys order the right ones? (Not actually tried my local VW stealer before, so I don't know what they're like, but I don't want to find out the hard way!)

Thanks guys. I'll get on the GSF site and put in an order for the Pagid's.

Edit: Errr they seem to have standard Pagid's and Pagid TQ's?

you should be ok disc-wise at the $tealer as long as you tell them its for a Corrado VR6 or pre-96(m/y) Golf GTi/16v/VR6 and as long as they know its the 280mm discs you need :wink:

cool

i`m going tommorrow too looking for BBS centre caps so i`ll ask too

only thing is when i bought the car the it was advertised with SPECIAL brakes done by Awesome so i dont know if they`re 16v or G60? guess i`ll have to get the measuring tape out!

is it 256mm =16v

280mm = G60?

Or you could upgrade your brakes to 288mm - far easier on the wallet if you need discs and pads anyway. I have the complete setup for sale, PM me if interested

I just want to check, I'm going to do an order with GSF for the Pagid FR pads... are the pads with cat. number 64326F the right ones for both front and back on my VR?

I just want to check, I'm going to do an order with GSF for the Pagid FR pads... are the pads with cat. number 64326F the right ones for both front and back on my VR?

pretty sure the rears will have to be a different part no as the rear discs are smaller so therefore the pads will be different from the fronts??????

pretty sure the rears will have to be a different part no as the rear discs are smaller so therefore the pads will be different from the fronts??????

See that's what I thought, but I didn't see any other Pagid FR pads on their list... and looking at the site again now I can't see any FR pads listed for the Corrado. I think I'll call them instead, see what they say.