Richard92

Window cable snapped?

Hello.

I have recently started driving my corrado again after a longer period of TLC.

When trying to wind down passenger side electric window, the second day, it wouldn't budge.

Today i removed the doorcard and it seems the cable has snapped on me. Is it possible to replace just the cable?

Also any tips besides tape to keep the window from falling down would be much appreciated.

For clarification, it is the cable coming down along the running then going into housing that has snapped, i can simply pull it out from the lower housing.

cheers

Richard

It's all one unit - though if you had a spare one with a broken motor I guess you could take the cables off and swap them over.

It's not that difficult to swap the mechanism, just fiddley, when you drill the rivets out that hold the motor in replace the motor mounts with some new bobbins to mount to. Type "pump bobbin" in the eBay search it will bring up the type of thing you need M6 thread I think. I got some waterproof foam sheet cut it to size and some vw sticky black goo that comes in a 5 metre roll to reseal the door. Part no.

AKL 450 005 05, ADH TAPE