fendervg

VR6 ABV crank position sensor question - now fuel pressure issue

Also an option - the outside of the housing is just the swirlpot, with the rubber mounting feet at the bottom that screw into the bottom of the fuel tank to hold it in place. The actual pump sits inside that. You'll need a Torx screwdriver to get it out. All the hose clips are also one use only, so will need to be snapped or cut off, so make sure you have some spare 8mm fuel hose clips (not normal jubilee type) to hand.

Bosch, Pierburg and VDO currently also sell just the pump unit on its own if that's all you want to buy, or you can buy the pump and swirl pot combined. Just make sure you get a 4 bar one. I wouldn't trust that ebay item myself, and would rather go for one of the above suppliers. I have some correspondence from Pierburg customer service that I will check for part numbers later.

Having looked at the link, it looks like it might be an ok option - but you can still get the OEM parts anyway. Unless you are running an uprated engine and injectors for performance reasons you don't need more fuel flow/pressure anyway - the VR Motronic system is a low pressure fuel system, it's the injectors and the ECU that do all the work - the pump just makes sure there is 4 bar being delivered to the fuel rail, and this is then regulated to 3.5 bar by the FPR.

Edited by fendervg

Well my pump seemed to be making a noise last night after doing about 100miles. Thinking i might order the bosch pump from euro car parts.

It sounded like a noisy bearing to me and was from rear of car so assume it had to be the pump.

Car stutters a bit on no or very light throttle. But not all the time. Sometimes stopping at a junction you feel the car shaking/pulsing a bit.

Just been having a good read of this. Shame the links to the threads on page 4 dont work anymore. Definitely giving me something to think about with my cars issues at the moment