Madjackal

Power Steering Pump

On tightening what I am lead to believe is called the "banjo bolt" on the pump I managed to snap it. It is the 22mm Hex that is hollow and has holes in in, and bolt the hard pressurised pipe to the pump. As opposed to the flexible return hose.

I have removed the pump and liberated the remains of the old bolt but I need a new one. Does anyone know if these are available. I have discovered a part number but VW Heritage don't list it, as perhaps they don't stock it. I have also looked at getting a new pump but going purely by the images on the suppliers websites it appears that they do not come with the bolt included.

Any ideas?

Don't think the pump comes with the banjo bolt, but have a look on VAGCAT for the part number and give the dealer a ring in the morning. I should think they're probably still available mate.

power steering pump banjo bolt - WHT001799

washers for it (you'll need 2) - N 0138481

both showing plenty in stock at VW UK warehouse - pop down your local VW place and they'll be able to get them for tomorrow for you.