JEZR

VW Corrado Mexico's Finest?

As a bit of a clean freak, when I took out the original air box there was 100ks worth of dirt. So, before putting in the new box, I did some cleaning to find a "made in Mexico" stamp. 136fced799ea5cd81b0cb88ee88898af.jpg

I had no idea that they used panels pressed in Mexico! Was this common?

I also found what I think is a tab with a barcode and the paint name and code. Any idea what the rest of it is?

13f5ee80510a8e02b55db55044323cb0.jpg

VW had a manufacturing plant in Mexico so it may have been that they farmed out some of the panels to there. There have even been stashes of NLA parts found in Brazil and Paraguay in recent years. The original Beetle was made in Mexico long after production ended in Germany.

Yes my panels are , spotted this when I first bought it . Not sure about the , underlay , underlay , though .

On a more serious note, could there be an undiscovered stash of late Corrado wings somewhere in South America?

No Corrados are allowed in Mexico anymore. They Bandit.

The VW Heritage 7 containers from Paraguay looks interesting though. Would love to see some more of those stamps from around the world.