WillMK7

Jetex Exhaust, does anyone have one?

Evening chaps,

Does anyone have a jetex exhaust fitted to their rado?

I've got a 2.0 16v and was wondering what they sound like. I know they do a resonated and non-resonated version, but I am unsure if this is even the right exhaust to go for.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Will

I fitted a resonated jetex earlier this year and I find it quiet compared to the powerflow that was on before but still a nice sound. My partner would previously moan about how fast we were travelling due to the boom from the powerflow and this all stopped when the jetex was fitted (best £400 spent ever).

My valver is decat so if you still have a cat then yours may be quieter.

I'd recommend one and would buy it from VW Heritage as their service was brilliant but would wait until one of their offers if you can. I use my valver daily and needed one urgent and about a month later they offered discounts on purchases over £100.

One thing to note is the rubbers/hangers don't come in the kit as I had presumed and therefore to avoid a 2nd lot of postage costs, you may wish to grab some at the same time.

Stuart.

I fitted a resonated jetex earlier this year and I find it quiet compared to the powerflow that was on before but still a nice sound. My partner would previously moan about how fast we were travelling due to the boom from the powerflow and this all stopped when the jetex was fitted (best £400 spent ever).

My valver is decat so if you still have a cat then yours may be quieter.

I'd recommend one and would buy it from VW Heritage as their service was brilliant but would wait until one of their offers if you can. I use my valver daily and needed one urgent and about a month later they offered discounts on purchases over £100.

One thing to note is the rubbers/hangers don't come in the kit as I had presumed and therefore to avoid a 2nd lot of postage costs, you may wish to grab some at the same time.

Stuart.

My valver is a daily also, so this helps massively! Any videos or anything? Sorry just want to get a rough comparison compared to stock!

Really appreciate the reply MZpog

I'll do a video for you when I get home or if your nearby you could have a look. Where are you based?

I'm miles away bud, Salisbury! But thanks for the offer. Doesn't seem to be an awful lot of corrado owners down here aha!

I had a Jetex on my MKII a few years back and I really rated it. Fit was spot on and the sound was sporty without sounding like a nobhead and wasn't at all intrusive at cruising speeds. I would recommend them

I had a Jetex on my MKII a few years back and I really rated it. Fit was spot on and the sound was sporty without sounding like a nobhead and wasn't at all intrusive at cruising speeds. I would recommend them

Jamie,

Was it the resonated or non-resonated?

Cheers

I have the non-resonated fitted on my VR6 and de catted - its amazing!

Without sounding completely thick. I'm used to owning relatively new cars, with which I do bugger all to aha! I was under the impression that de-cat was an mot failure? How do you guys get around this?

Without sounding completely thick. I'm used to owning relatively new cars, with which I do bugger all to aha! I was under the impression that de-cat was an mot failure? How do you guys get around this?

In honesty I have just got away with it. That and a friendly garage!

Illegal to decat cars made after August 1992....good job mines a January 1992 car.

Its not illegal, its just that later (I thought it was April 92) are subject to much tighter emission control. Therefore it'll very likely fail the MOT on that, unless you have a friendly tester...................

Bit of a different topic then. Are there actual noticeable gains to be had through de-catting? More reference the 16v more than the vr6

Bit of a different topic then. Are there actual noticeable gains to be had through de-catting? More reference the 16v more than the vr6

Someone suggests about 10 bhp but I doubt that. Mine was already decatted when I bought it so I can't give a before/after verdict. Best bang for buck mod I've done was the KR cams with the bargain ebay chip in 2nd place. 50mm intakes let the old girl breath but no so cheap to buy.

I think The G60 Jetex fits the valvers - just depends on wether it's early or late style of exhaust hanger. Check mine out for sale on here... Nice sales pitch lol

I think The G60 Jetex fits the valvers - just depends on wether it's early or late style of exhaust hanger. Check mine out for sale on here... Nice sales pitch lol

Well done hah!

But unfortunately yours in the early version, my rado has the N chassis number