cmalyan

Windscreen wiper jets problem!

Hey all,

My water jets have suddenly stopped working on my wipers, both front and rear. I can hear the pump working when I try it but nothing comes out of the jets. I've checked the pipes and there doesn't seem to be any blocks - so just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction, if this is a common fault?

Thanks!

Have you put fluid in? :bonk:

Seriously, I'd pull a pipes off as close as I could get to the pump, then press to see if you get any water or if the pumps at fault.

Ha, yup fluid is in the tank :smug:

Thanks - so the pump could still be faulty even though I can hear it when pressing?

Once stripped a washer pump that was doing the same as yours and found the impeller had fallen off the motor shaft so it didn't pump.

My last car didn't have an electric pump, it was a manual button to pump on the dash.

So,I still haven't resolved my windscreen washer issue!

I've replaced the pump, cleaned out the reservoir,replaced all the pipes and joins, so the only thing left has to be the jets. Can someone advise on how I remove please? I can see that there's a little clip to push in so that you push the jet head out(?) but how do I remove the plug that goes into them, do they simply pull out?

Thanks!!

I think the plug just pulls out from memory.

Before you do, have you pulled one of the water hoses going to the jets to make sure your getting water there. If you are then shove a needle down the jet to free any blockages rather than removing them.

Thanks - I've just tried again but it's not moving, don't want to pull it it hard incase the two wires come out of the plug?!

Yes, I did test that earlier when I replaced the pipes and I'm getting a good jet of water, I also tried putting a pin in the nozzles. Just odd that both aren't working, must have been some cr@p in the pipe that's blocked both nozzles :scratch: