Sign in to follow this  
CorradoVR6-Turbo

MOCAL OIL COOLER...help

had no problems at all fitting it

Mine's just the heat exchanger plus two 8 inch hoses and some mounting screws off ebay, so i need all the other parts. How did you go about fitting it then Vento_VR6,? I'd be grateful for a few guidelines, although as you mention i can't see it being too complex.

Always found that when buying cable or pipe that you should buy twice as much as you think you need..... any excess always comes in handy at some point.

I had both inlet manifold off and really it was as simple as munt the cooler, fit the pipes, unscrew the old oil cooler center screw thing, insert the new one with bracket, tighten up and fill with oil.

I was also replacing the plastic pipe that runs along the front of the engine to a metal one.

Just remember to oil the threads before fitting so you get no leaks

looks the same as the kit i have ready to go on.....someone sent me a link with a how to fit instruction sheet, but I cant find the link now...arrrhhh!

Heres a pic of my kit for reference

Andy, do you have that installation guide for the mocal - that link doesnt work any longer? Also, did you get the extra bits from Vince for your kit?

I ordered my kit from Rallydesign in Kent. Saved 50quid, but i seem to have the same problem as the rest of you. My threaded filter ext tube isn't long enough to run the mocal with the existing water cooler.

I spoke to Matt at Thinkauto and tried to explain what the problem was, and which bit i need. He seemed a bit confused, so told him to look at pg5 in the document below. Explains all!

http://64.202.180.37/files/sp1t.pdf

My dad is in the process of making up som aluminium brackets to mount the cooler. In the meantime, wouldn't mind spending friday (i have the day off!) getting all the other bits on. Not sure if i'll get that threaded tube in time though, coz he mat have to order it in from the states. Do you think i'd be better off speaking to Vince?

I ordered my kit from Rallydesign in Kent. Saved 50quid, but i seem to have the same problem as the rest of you. My threaded filter ext tube isn't long enough to run the mocal with the existing water cooler.

I spoke to Matt at Thinkauto and tried to explain what the problem was, and which bit i need. He seemed a bit confused, so told him to look at pg5 in the document below. Explains all!

http://64.202.180.37/files/sp1t.pdf

My dad is in the process of making up som aluminium brackets to mount the cooler. In the meantime, wouldn't mind spending friday (i have the day off!) getting all the other bits on. Not sure if i'll get that threaded tube in time though, coz he mat have to order it in from the states. Do you think i'd be better off speaking to Vince?

Vince has the parts you need in stock,i had the same problem

Steve, I have taken my cooler off, due to that leak I had, you can have my threaded tube thing if you need it quick. Then just give me the one you get from vince.

Cheers guys. Will speak to Vince today...

Andy, if Vince has the bits in stock, i cant see why i shouldn't get them by Friday. If not, i'll be in contact. Cheers fella...

Just spoke to Vince and ordered the bits i need. Bit more expensive than i expected! He also recommended running a thermo sandwich plate instead of a normal one. I didn't get the thermo one, so hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem!...

It now means i have a spare brand new blanking 'mushroom' if anyone needs one?

It's also booked in for it's stage 2 SC remap, so i best get my finger out and get them damn thing running!!!

Took some pics of the cooler parts i have this morning. The threaded bar with the holes - which way around should this fit? What are the holes for? I was advised that the cap removed from the standard cooler is used for the top of the sandwich plate. BTW how do i post the pics in this thread - i'd rather not start another one just for the sake of it?

Can I see a pic? (I want to check to see what the part I have in the garage is)

I think the holes are to let oil into the heat exchanger

pic attached. Would appreciate some clarification of the installation. I understand that this is all that is needed and the endcap to be used is the one already fitted to the existing VR HX.

Steve - I may need one, if I could have dibs until I check the contents of my box? :)

Drop us a MSN if you're around ....

Steve - I may need one, if I could have dibs until I check the contents of my box?

Drop us a MSN if you're around ....

Sorry for delayed reply... PM sent..

Thanks for the PM Steve - unfortunately though, a bit of a mix-up. I was talking to a different Steve (Supercharged) about the spare bar he has...

:lol: He he, what a numpty!

Oh well, i have a spare blanking plate as per the one in the pic posted by Andy on page 1 of this thread if anyone wants it.. I do also have the short threaded bar if anyone fancies running their VR without the water/oil heat exchanger??

Steve

:lol: spare blanking plate as per the one in the pic posted by Andy on page 1 of this thread

Which bit is that?

Which bit is that?

On the 2nd to last post on pg 1 of this thread, Andy posted a pic of the blanking plate and the threaded extension.. I have a spare blanking plate which is the mushroom shaped thing (not the threaded bit!!)

Can anyone calrify the best mocal set-up - is it better to remove the original HX or keep in circuit with the Mocal? Seem to be opinions for and against both.

Can anyone calrify the best mocal set-up - is it better to remove the original HX or keep in circuit with the Mocal? Seem to be opinions for and against both.

So what do you reckon then for a VR? I would think that removing the original cooler would be the simplest option in any case?