Mawrick

Anyone ever taken out airbag from VW Transporter ? (MK4 like steering wheel)

I'm having a struggle getting this sh*** airbag out from the steering wheel, thought it was locked with a spring that should be possible to bend with a scredriver, but not realy sure, as I'v tried for quite some time, I'm starting to wonder if there is some other mechanism here.......

any tips on this would be appreciated...

Pull it from the bottom as far as it will go. On either side at the back of the wheel are clip/springs, pry these with a flat head toward the centre, they are easier to get at if the wheel is turned 90 degrees. Pull the bottom centre of the bag lightly as you pry. Hope that helps

Got it out - I had a thought about the mechanism, and had tried variouse things, but apparently have gotten to far into center of wheel - but I think the "key" here was to get the screwdriver directly in along the outher "wall" of the hole it goes into and then one ends up at the place where the spring is, where one can pry a bit on it....

Thanks for the reply :)

It's easy when you've done it a couple of times you get a knack. First time I nearly smashed my own face in pulling too hard on the air bag, mostly frustration😄 Haaha