britpop95

Black temperature sender help probably simple...

Hiya lads basically I've put fresh coolant in the vr today and whilst I had the cooling system empty of fluid I put in my new black temp sensor into the thermostat housing. now when I turn the ignition on the cooling fans kick straight away on full chat even though the engine is cold, I don't have aircon and its a manual gearbox. I'm baffled the sensor came from heritage and is black 2 pin with a little green line painted on the sensor anyone any ideas why the fans are coming on straight away.

Unplug the black temp sensor, if that stops fans kicking in contact heritage and tell them you have a duff sensor

Possibly, I seem to recall something about vw changing blue temp sensor to black, might be a mixed up sensor?

Ye I read that to mate might well be the case. Been a little worried with the Corrado recently I've got white coloured smoke coming out exhaust and after putting the old temp sensor back in just to stop the fans going mental MFA is saying 5.8mpg 😨 hoping the smoke is due to weather getting colder now

Just monitor water level and oil to be sure. Hmm... Seems a bit odd, there is no connection between black sensor and mpg. I think black and blue temp sensors are same plug, havnt got them wrong way round by accident?