JEZR

Drive Shafts

Any ideas where I can get drive shafts for the VR6? Hunting hi and low and really don't want bespoke shafts for £800 from America!!

There was a thread on here regarding these a couple of days ago mate. Came well recommended by quite a few and are very cheap!

I have one on the passenger side, and although its good for the money, I'd recommend getting it powdercoated as its bare metal and corrodes quite quickly.

Cheers for that. I had a hunt for threads and got fully confused! All the kit on the underside is going to get powder coated or plasticoated ( once I've found out how much!

Cheers Jim. I think those endorsements do it for me. Ordering now! This should near complete the underside front end tidy up. Sump cover is looking shabby too. Might just Hammerite that?

Seems a new VR6 sump on eBay is about £40. A hammerited one will never look as good as a new one.... ;)

true! At this rate i might put some casters on the roof and drive it upside down!!

lol :)

Cheers Jim. I think those endorsements do it for me. Ordering now! This should near complete the underside front end tidy up. Sump cover is looking shabby too. Might just Hammerite that?

I've had a couple of shafts from them for my previous daily driver A3's - quality is ok and had no issues with them in terms of fitment.

One of them was a solid shaft instead of a hollow tube so was heavier but still managed to cope with the torque from the 170bhp diesel ok.

They've arrived (along with everything else) and I'll be doing the paint thing over the weekend. Would be nice to get this lot bolted on before the Resto show at Bath & West.