petemcr

24v Engine Loom conversion

Hey guys,

Sorry, I know this has been covered but I couldn't find the information in the 24v thread, but can anyone tell me the company who will do the loom conversion, I believe you can send the VR6 loom and the 24v loom off to them and they will do all the wiring for you.

Cheers

Stealth no longer do it unless you take car to them, UM don't answer... Any form of contact, South West in car technology (swict) do them but a few people have had bad experiences - likewise I've heard some people have had good experience.

Rubjonny on clubgti does them but his waiting list is mental, about 6 months or something, when I was doing mine he was always very helpful and knowledgeable so that's probably why. And Andy outhwaite at acr does them, heard good things but not first hand experience.

Otherwise get brave and do it yourself, all the info is there, hell I did it myself and I'm an idiot at times.

Stealth no longer do it unless you take car to them, UM don't answer... Any form of contact, South West in car technology (swict) do them but a few people have had bad experiences - likewise I've heard some people have had good experience.

Rubjonny on clubgti does them but his waiting list is mental, about 6 months or something, when I was doing mine he was always very helpful and knowledgeable so that's probably why. And Andy outhwaite at acr does them, heard good things but not first hand experience.

Otherwise get brave and do it yourself, all the info is there, hell I did it myself and I'm an idiot at times.

Cheers for the info fella, I was debating it myself but I hate wiring. Did you do the 24v conversion then?

Did it all go smooth or was there problems?

Cheers

Yea I converted the loom myself, I had bucket loads of problems but my loom, touch wood, actually went spot on! I've had to add more wires since the initial installation to get fuel trim working but that is just teething problems and to try get the emissions right to pass mot

theres a company on ebay doing it along with ecu immo deletes, i recommend laying both the wiring looms out in front of you and get familiar with them and by using the 1.8t guide and info from the net have a go yourself , because end of the day it will be you fitting it, i waited months n months for rub jonny to do mine and in the end i had him send the looms to some one else and then when i got them back and installed it i had to remove it and then trace faults back etc i basically had to throw myself in the deep end with trying to find out wtf was wrong, rub jonny helped me sort a few things out over email but otherwise by the end of it i might as well of done the wiring myself ...

This image of the main ecu plug is what got my engine sorted , iirc it was pin 21 that wasnt powered up

http://wiki.obdtuning.com/images/a/ac/VAG_ME7.x.jpg

Edited by VW_OwneR_85