Bfstrachan

Fitting front wing?

There is a bolt behind the arch lining, usually covered in underseal, there is another underneath where the wing is close to the door. Also, there are another 2 bolts that are hidden by the front bumper.....which you'll need to remove to get access. Best to support the engine when removing the bumper as the bolts for the bumper are the ones holding the front crossmember on, except for 2 small ones, which have been known to rust/weaken

Possibly, where the wing meets the body at the bottom corner of the windscreen there is usually a bit there......I found it easiest to heat the outer wing with a heat gun(not a blowtorch) to soften the sealant ......I'll go and take a picture of the area I mean

8AD98B49-B237-4D87-9EC0-358AE7155222.jpg

This area is where it usually sticks, although you might be unlucky and have more. Also if you look below where I'm pointing you'll see the inner arch bolt hole

Cover the front edge of the door and rear edge of the wing with masking tape to prevent damage to the paint on both, before you remove / refit the wing.

Cover the front edge of the door and rear edge of the wing with masking tape to prevent damage to the paint on both, before you remove / refit the wing.

See, that's the kind of info we need to hear. Save all the frustration that comes from not planning ahead!