lilfuzzer

low profile jack

My Clarke that I bought about 25 years ago gets abused, and is still going. I've sprayed a few cars with it and used it to pump up the tyres, even caulked the deck of a yacht with it. Only really needed a service and a few flexi leads over time.

Also worth mentioning that there are a few types oil and non oil types. Belt driven and non belt driven. Belt driven gives the most power but is louder than non belt driven. Non oil compressors have a Teflon coating on the piston bores to aid lubrication but this does wear away over time where as oil doesn't and will last longer as long as oil is kept at correct level. d3705385b304d6c4bd5b35fac3942dd5.jpg

This is my beast.

yup, shiny!

though ive not used the light function yet as I always put a small block of wood on top of it prior to lifting the car lol

That's the one I've got and I have to say as such a stupid gimmick those LEDs are well handy. Top tip for you gents - ice hockey pucks make excellent jack pads.

That's the one I've got and I have to say as such a stupid gimmick those LEDs are well handy. Top tip for you gents - ice hockey pucks make excellent jack pads.

top tip Jamie thanks :D

true story jamie but I only have my collectable ones left and not using them !!!!

Got one of the pucks myself

One of the most useful things I have in the garage :)

true story jamie but I only have my collectable ones left and not using them !!!!

want one of mine (yours) ;)

i have a box full somewhere mate just need to find then!!!!!

hope you enjoying the camping?

Perfect timing for this thread. I am looking for a new jack too. My current one just doesn't lift the car quite high enough. I also stumbled on the SGS 3 ton low profile jack and was about to get it. So good to know others have found them OK.

I have the arcon jack, very pleased with it... Bought and delivered from Costco... You don't need an account, but it's slightly dearer than in store.

However I bought sgs axle stands and very pleased with them.

How far under the car do these reach? I have a 2 tonne standard jack and it really struggles to get to the jacking points/ rear beam.

I'm not really sure how you'd use that under the sump and be able to position it easily?

Driving onto a couple of pieces of timber to give an initial lift would probably be easier then lift one corner at a time as the jack would clear both the spoiler and subframes from the front.

I have the Arcan jack still in its box and a yellow Halfords one in use but on its last legs.