Thom

Late VR6 fuel pump replacement

Hi all,

I had my fuel pump finally give up on me today. Have ordered a replacement from Euro Car Parts who tell me that because my car is 1996 registered, that the correct part is only the cylindrical pump itself, not with the housing/sender etc.

Can anyone tell me if this is correct and that the pump can be replaced in the housing. I had thought that the entire unit needed to be changed.

Also, I've made a start getting the old one out up to the stage of removing the pump unit from the tank. Am having a little trouble getting it out, is it as simple as twist anti-clockwise to remove?

Cheers

When I went to collect the part, it turned out to be the full pump assembly, minus the sender (and is apparently a specific part number for cars registered after mid 1995). I just used the original VDO sender and pipes with renewed clips and all is good.

Removal from the tanks is quarter turn anti-clockwise (on a bayonet type fitting). I siphoned most of the fuel out of the tank first which made the job much easier.