JimmyC92

New member from Southampton

I finally pick up my first Corrado on Sunday! I am very exited, it may only be the 2.0 16v but I'm buying it from a mate I went to college with. It comes with some coilovers already fitted, apparently they where around £900 - KW V1's or something? The usual story there are issues with the sunroof and few bits of rust but nothing dramatic.[ATTACH=CONFIG]82649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82650[/ATTACH]

I have already picked up some Porsche 944 "Tombstone" seats which I'll get re-trimmed in black leatherette with tuck and roll style sticking down the centre, with the rest of the interior done to match. Obviously rust and sunroof repair will be the first thing, then wheels...I seem to spend my life looking around for wheels! I really some some Schmidts but I may have to make do with some replicas for the time being.

I finally pick up my first Corrado on Sunday! I am very exited, it may only be the 2.0 16v but I'm buying it from a mate I went to college with. It comes with some coilovers already fitted, apparently they where around £900 - KW V1's or something? The usual story there are issues with the sunroof and few bits of rust but nothing dramatic.[ATTACH=CONFIG]82649[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]82650[/ATTACH]

I have already picked up some Porsche 944 "Tombstone" seats which I'll get re-trimmed in black leatherette with tuck and roll style sticking down the centre, with the rest of the interior done to match. Obviously rust and sunroof repair will be the first thing, then wheels...I seem to spend my life looking around for wheels! I really some some Schmidts but I may have to make do with some replicas for the time being.

Welcome to the forum. Schmidts are a good choice.

hello there

make yourself at home

nice motor - KWV1's are indeed around the £900 price, I also have them on my VR & love them to bits :D

hello there

make yourself at home

nice motor - KWV1's are indeed around the £900 price, I also have them on my VR & love them to bits :D

Thanks! Its the first car I have had with coilovers, all my previous cars I have done with lowering springs as I was afraid coilers would be harsh.

Thanks! Its the first car I have had with coilovers, all my previous cars I have done with lowering springs as I was afraid coilers would be harsh.

as with all coilovers, the lower you go the less travel the setup has & thus the harsher it gets

I have mine set at a 2 finger gap between tyre & wheel arch all round & it feels nice but still requires dodging to find roads by the pot holes we drive on ;) lol

I also found that once I had renewed the rear beam bushes & front wishbone bushes the ride felt much more cushioned

Welcome along, nice to have the Kw's fitted.

Quite a few Forum members along the South coast 8)

As Harrier said quite a few member down south welcome from the Portsmouth area. If your interest visit the CCGB Website I'm the merchandise Rep just done a club calendar.

As Harrier said quite a few member down south welcome from the Portsmouth area. If your interest visit the CCGB Website I'm the merchandise Rep just done a club calendar.

Cheers mate! How much are the calendars?

Reeeey! Only just down the road! Don't suppose you get up to the matchams nights do you?

Nope never been!!