Guest petercabrio

Fan runs flat out whenever ignition on

Guest petercabrio

This is confusing me. I changed the coolant today and did a rad flush too in an attempt to get heater working properly,(another story)

Flushed system through, with rad clean and then topped back up and put antifreeze in

Warmed car back up the header tank cap off to let air escape. Everything worked fine, all hoses warm, fan kicked in and out ok on low speed, temp gauge never over 90

Then fan starts running full speed and temp dropped to 70 and fan still running

I have left it to cool right down and turn ignition on and fan runs full speed. Any ideas

E

What engine? I had this in my vr. Through unplugging the sensors on the housing at the front of the engine I narrowed it down to one of them. I replaced all three, but the yellow one is for the ecu, the blue for the dial and the back for the fan control if I remember correctly, although it's late and I've had a beer or two lol

Guest petercabrio

Taken all sensor wires off, Still running flat out

Guest petercabrio

That's the one, disconnected fan stops, back on and it runs, faulty sender. Thanks

Guest petercabrio

changed the fan switch in radiator and now it doesnt work at all. even put the old one back in and still doesnt run

Guest petercabrio

And without doing anything its working. Gets warm and then fan ticks on and off happily

Can't unstand. But it's working