Marty63

Thoughts on retro fit aero wiper blades

Hi guys Just wondering what people's thoughts are on retrofit aero wiper blades are they any good or should I go for lupo wiper arm conversion,any advice greatly appreciated.

I use them and they get a thumbs up from me.

First tried them on the original arms to see if they would help the poor over 50mph performance - nope, just the same.

Recently fitted a set of BMW E30 wiper arms and some 22" aero blades - I don't know how I've managed without them for so long - well worth the mod, cost about £45 all in so much cheaper than Lupo or TT upgrades.

Check out my thread http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?93057-Alternative-wiper-arms-which-ones-fit it has links to an E30 fitting guide and some photographs.

Stuart.

Off the shelf ones to fit the existing wiper arms are rubbish, tried Bosch ones a while ago and they are worse than normal wiper blades.

Off the shelf ones to fit the existing wiper arms are rubbish, tried Bosch ones a while ago and they are worse than normal wiper blades.

I found the bosch ones had the same performance as as normal blades on standard arms (i.e. cr*p) but are fabulous on my E30 arms.

the arms are the problem, or rather the springs on the arms, I did actually manage to modify an original arm to make the spring tighter and the result was brilliant, but the easy route is to get some new arms and some quality blades, I've never found aero blades on any car I've driven any better than cantelever ones, at least within the legal speed limit-ish.

i wonder if the springs on my wipers are different lol

i read time & time again about poor wiper performance but on both my valver & the VR they are not awful, they are not amazing but are more than sufficient unless doing 70mph or so on the m'way

both have standard arms with bosch super plus blades. i did try a bosch aero blade on standard arms but found they were awful due to the curved profile of the aero blade was such that only the last say 10% of each end of the blade actually made contact with the windscreen

personally i prefer rainaway as then i don't have to use the wipers at all lol

there are two part numbers for RHD car wiper arms and I had both side by side (1990 and 1994 car) the later cars have bigger springs on the arms!

there are two part numbers for RHD car wiper arms and I had both side by side (1990 and 1994 car) the later cars have bigger springs on the arms!

ahh ok interesting

my valver is a 90 & the VR a 95

i wonder if the springs on my wipers are different lol

i read time & time again about poor wiper performance but on both my valver & the VR they are not awful, they are not amazing but are more than sufficient unless doing 70mph or so on the m'way

both have standard arms with bosch super plus blades. i did try a bosch aero blade on standard arms but found they were awful due to the curved profile of the aero blade was such that only the last say 10% of each end of the blade actually made contact with the windscreen

personally i prefer rainaway as then i don't have to use the wipers at all lol

I agree - I don't find mine terrible 1995 VR6 and you're so correct - go fast enough to make the wipers ineffectual and the AngelWax H2GO comes into its own

Edited by Chuggs1

I must admit I did wonder what all the fuss was about the standard wipers because mine seemed perfectly OK to me. Then I fitted the TT ones and the difference was clearly visible (

I've had all three (original, lupo, and TT) and prefer the TT ones best. They look nicer, and seem to not suffer from the same juddering problem that lupo wipers suffer from sometimes.

I've had all three (original, lupo, and TT) and prefer the TT ones best. They look nicer, and seem to not suffer from the same juddering problem that lupo wipers suffer from sometimes.

Jim which mk TT do I need wipers off... Is it left and right side or like a lupo 2 drivers side.