MZpog

One for the bikers.

Picked my new toy up at the weekend. So far I've done 6.2 miles due to the fabulous weather. Roll on summer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82829[/ATTACH]

I'm terrible with bikes, they all look exactly the same to me and i can't tell one from another.

All i can say is that has a big red R on it so must be good :lol:

Very nice. Is it replacing something?

replacing this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82830[/ATTACH]

Both very nice machines. Is the 1300 telelever front end? How did you find it?

I'm on the hunt for something but not sure what. Fancy the Ducati monster R.

Both very nice machines. Is the 1300 telelever front end? How did you find it?

I'm on the hunt for something but not sure what. Fancy the Ducati monster R.

The K1300 was telelever front and at first it was a bit weird but you soon get used to it. It could feel a bit vague when pushed to the limits on tight corners, but usually felt rock solid once in the bends. I liked the K so much it's been a hard decision downsizing to the S1000R which has less bhp & torque but on a plus is a load lighter and handles much better.

Ride the BMW as well as the Ducati Monster R which I like (bar comparative price/spec). I always remember the wise words of a once Ducati fan who took his 800 to the TT. He suggested he'd never owned a bike that handled and stopped so well, but then set itself on fire when it rained....he came back a foot passenger. I'm sure Ducati will have sorted the electrics on their newer offerings.

Yeah I'm going to test a few. Must say the BMW wasn't really on my radar but I'll give it a try. I'm fairly keen on the triumph speed triple r which I tried last year.

Never ridden a telelever equipped bike but heard good things. The reduced dive under braking I'm told is a little unnerving.

Get some more pics up mate.

Yeah I'm going to test a few. Must say the BMW wasn't really on my radar but I'll give it a try. I'm fairly keen on the triumph speed triple r which I tried last year.

Never ridden a telelever equipped bike but heard good things. The reduced dive under braking I'm told is a little unnerving.

Get some more pics up mate.

Not got any more pictures of the new bike.....this will change come summer.

The lack of diving is something you soon get used to and I'd say allows for later braking into corners as it didn't upset the bike (by the way, the S1000R has normal forks)

The speed triple doesn't really compare to the Ducati or BMW for me as its lacking 25BHP and is heavier.

Well I'll be coming from a Daytona 675 so 160bhp+ will be a jump for me.

I'll give both a try though and let you know what I think.

Roll on summer eh?!

Well I'll be coming from a Daytona 675 so 160bhp+ will be a jump for me.

I'll give both a try though and let you know what I think.

Roll on summer eh?!

Your mind will truly be blown with the way they accelerate endlessly.

Happy new bike. Looks like Jeffries, got my GSA from there a few Christmases and 45,000 miles ago, still going strong, can't go wrong with a Beemer!

Roll on the good weather, I was out on mine yesterday to fetch the turkey and avoid traffic, rather damp!

Happy new bike. Looks like Jeffries, got my GSA from there a few Christmases and 45,000 miles ago, still going strong, can't go wrong with a Beemer!

Roll on the good weather, I was out on mine yesterday to fetch the turkey and avoid traffic, rather damp!

It is Jefferies. Nice showroom that plies me with coffee.