JEZR

Which Rad & Gruven Elbow Joint Question

I've been looking through some old posts and I'm looking to replace my radiator soon. I've been looking at Hella Radiators as most seem to think this is the way forward.

http://www.adrad.co.uk/prices/prices.php?id=VW328&model=CORRADO&make=VOLKSWAGEN

However, I've found these from Euro Parts at just over £50. Has anyone used these? http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Volkswagen_Corrado_2.9_1995/p/car-parts/car-cooling-parts-and-car-heating/cooling/car-radiator/?203440350&1&6df2c9ec17149df21aa15cfd0f1d5a31760b5bb0&000261

My next question is that I intend on adding a Gruven Elbow Joint. At present the bolts that run through the existing plastic join just spin in what I think are sleeves.

Will I have to purchase said sleeves for the bolts to go into or are these an integral part of the rad'?

Cheers

Jez

The sleeves or nuts, are supposed to be captive in the radiator, so its a good job it needs replacing anyway as you'll likely end up with a fair old leak there mate.

Its your call on the radiator though. I know its much cheaper so may be worth taking a punt on, but the Hella rad fits and lines up with everything perfectly. Obviously with ECP if it doesn't you should be able to take it back for a full refund, but its a lot of time and hassle if it doesn't.

Thanks for that Sean. I think I'd rather go down the Hella line if it's a nice straight fit. I need all the help I can get!

How about the alli rads that are on eBay better cooling and direct fit plus you wouldn't need a new elbow as it's all included..

I have a Hella one for sale with a nearly-new plastic elbow...

VW Heritage sell them now, so no need to go for the expensive alloy options unless you prefer the look :)

Mr S. Excellent news! Although I have the billet elbow joint already! So, will it fit your rad? Let me know how much. PM me.