st4stokie

Roof gutter trim

Could anyone tell me how the roof gutter trims are fitted to the car please? I've got a leak that is soaking the ratchet on my drivers side seat belt. Which at first I thought was the rear quarter window or sunroof but I've adjusted the sunroof today to fit better (although the seal is quite old and worn) and I've had the window inspected by a widow fitter who said it was perfect but I've still a leak now dripping on to the rear inner wheel arch as well. All the drains on the sunroof are clear as I've poured water into them to check and the channels on the mech are dry when I put my fingers in there to feel if the water is running along them ok.

It's driving me mad because I can't find where the water is coming from.

Edited by st4stokie

Do you mean the two black plastic strips which run the length of the roof on each side? They are just a trim and even without them there are no holes for the water to leak into. Ther are just cosmetic to fill the gap where the weld points are. They just push into the gutter.

Thanks portent. This is my 6th rado but I've never known/seen how the gutter trim fits. Looks like I'll have to investigate the sunroof further

When your pour water into the sunroof drains,can you see it running out ?

I have an old long cable(like a bike brake cable) if you open up the roof,the front drains are visible,the rear ones are a little harder to find.Just rod the the cable down the drains.When done,I have a large syringe with a tube on it,fill with water and force it down the drains.This will tell you if drains are working ok,the rear drains come out behind the bumper on the sides.Its easy to see the water running out.