nickz

Cold start up bad running until warm

Hope someone can point me in the right direction with this.

I am currently restoring an early Corrado ( 91 J PLate ) it is a 1.8 16v with the KR engine.

It had been stood for about 4 years before I got my hands on it and it was dead as a dodo at the time.

I have replaced both fuel pumps and some fuel lines on the car. I then managed to get it to start, but it ran aweful!

I have since put a new distributer and rotor arm on, new spark plugs and new airfilter.

The car now starts and sounds lovely. ( There was a blow from the exhaust, but replaced the damaged the mid section with a brand new part)

It will start first time and sit at idle and sound perfect. But when I dip the accelerator pedal it is bogging down and lumpy.

However once the engine is warm, it runs perfect as it should.

My first though was avacuum leak, but all the hoses are fine. The ISV is sounding on start up and yet I removed it and cleaned it anyway and this is all free moving inside from what I can see.

There are various vacuums around the airbox on the car, so was wondering if these had any relevance on the cold start issue.

The only two things I havedone yet is to replace the injectors or the fuel filter, but these would surely cause a running issue all the time and not just when cold.

Does anyone have ideas I could try please?

Thanks.

sounds like a fuel delivery issue when the throttle opens, if it's ok warm then I suspect the warm up regulator (on right of head with 2 fuel lines) and/or the thermotimeswitch (bigger of the sensors on the side of the head) is not working right, I have some 1.8 kjet info for the corrado if you pm me an email

Hi,

Thanks for replying to me David.

It does sound from you have said that it could be down to the WUR ( Warm up regulator) .

I replaced the fuel filter today for a new one, just to eliminate it. However it is still doing the same thing.

I will drop you a PM regarding the WUR.