G60_Chris

Corrado G60

Looks very nice mate, just out of curiosity what you doing with the old wheel? I quite like it...

Looks very nice mate, just out of curiosity what you doing with the old wheel? I quite like it...

I was planning to sell it, drop me a pm if your interested bud don't want that much for it.

Another bit of the update I forgot to add was I did a service on the car, although it ran nice enough I thought it could probably do with some fresh parts.

Ordered the genuine Bosch plugs, new leads, new dizzy cap and new rotor arm. Removed the old ones; wrong plugs fitted (golf gti ngk plugs that had seen better days and were gapped wrongly), the dizzy cap and rotor arm looked like they had been on the car for a long time (internal condition) and the leads were genuine VW so more than likely the original ones that came with the car! Fitted all the new bits, and it runs so much nicer now! A lot smoother, better throttle response and pick up as well as better MPG. All bought from Euro Car Parts when they had their Easter Weekend sale, and I got an Easter Egg thrown into the deal too - winner! Oh and I also replaced the old silver coloured (why???) Panasonic CD player with a nice black (illuminates green to match dash lights) Pioneer USB head unit :)

Always nice to do a service Chris . The dizzy doesn't last that long as they get moisture in them , I changed mine a while back , the car was jumping down the road . When I took it off , it was covered in arc marks .

Always nice to do a service Chris . The dizzy doesn't last that long as they get moisture in them , I changed mine a while back , the car was jumping down the road . When I took it off , it was covered in arc marks .

Yeah, mine wasn't driving badly (albeit now driving much better) but just thought it was worth doing as the parts were 40% off at the time. Will be working my way through the other areas of the car as time goes on to keep improving and upgrading bits, especially those that aren't even the right ones for the car lol.

It is a really nice car Chris. How much have you paid for a full respray?

I paid £2400 but I helped with prep, removing trim as well as also detailing a few cars for the bodyshop for them too.

Edited by G60_Chris

Photo of my Momo 280 steering wheel... Probably too small for most, and too expensive for a steering wheel but I promised myself one so treated myself!

steeringwheel_zpsho2gghcj.jpg

Edited by G60_Chris

it was a really good price. Have you resprayed engine bay and outside or just outside? i want to respray mine when i will finish other bits and pieces. Nice job mate.

it was a really good price. Have you resprayed engine bay and outside or just outside? i want to respray mine when i will finish other bits and pieces. Nice job mate.

Nope, didn't spray the engine bay as it would have bumped the price up quite a bit, and the time involved removing parts etc... But the G60 engine bay is never going to win you any prizes without doing a shaved bay and wire tuck IMO as there are just too much pipework running everywhere.

Well after being approached by Autoperfekt to test their products (and to continue to do so with new products when they are released) they sent me a full selection of products, the smell of some of them is really nice, which is always a good start to any detailing products IMO... Haven't had a chance to test them yet but looking forward to doing so. Have always been an Auto Finesse user since they started up, but I am happy to use other products that look good (seen these products on a couple of cars at shows I've done photography for so am happy to use them). All they ask is that I display a sticker on the car, and asked if I could promote their products on my personal Instagram page and on my photography page on Facebook (Scene Exposure). I'll be making some videos, and before/after photos of the products when it's dry enough to use them.

I also fitted some OSRAM LED side light bulbs, not cheap at £15 a pair but they are brilliant! Brilliant white light, and they actually show up the headlights in terms of brightness! So may be looking into some LED headlights next, I did fit an HID kit but due to the Corrado's poor headlight power they didn't want to work very well so they were removed the same day.

Screen%20Shot%202016-04-09%20at%2017.26.11_zpszti0qfhu.png

Have you disconnected the dim dip unit, my hids didn't work until I took that out!

Good point! Shall re-install and see if that fixes the problem. However, would that effect only one side? Drivers side was working perfectly but all I got from the passenger side was a buzz.

Hmmm I can't remember it was years since I installed mine, worth checking tho! Maybe a duff ballast?

Hmmm I can't remember it was years since I installed mine, worth checking tho! Maybe a duff ballast?

I have an old set kicking about somewhere I'll give that a go... :)

EDIT : Okay so I had two old kits in various states of frankenstein-ness... Turns out from 3 kits I have two working ballasts, and only two working bulbs lol. So now they are fitted, in and working with the dim-dip resistor unplugged, thanks for the advice btw.

Edited by G60_Chris

Well my new RSR outlet kit still has not turned up, so I won't be ordering anything from Dubforce ever again. I had to contact them only to be told that UKMail had lost my package and that they would send me another one out in a few days... Erm, no?! I paid extra for express postage and it was due today at the latest, and no contact was made by them to inform me of any delay or issues so I would have been left waiting. Will be ordering the BBM Outlet kit instead, more money but better quality and at least I should get that before the weekend!

EDIT: Have ordered the BBM Outlet kit from Only Charged Dubs, they had it on the shelf ready to go for next day delivery.

Edited by G60_Chris

Fitted my new BBM RSR Outlet kit to replace my standard plastic outlet, much better and no escaping boost, which is nice! Took the car out for a drive across the moors and did a few photos :)

moor12_zpsopl1hhpu.jpg

moor5_zpshpub2rsv.jpg

moor2_zpsxxsz28cq.jpg