Mike_turbo

Single yellow/black wire in my vr6 engine bay?

I've been working on my corrado vr6 n plate today a noticed a single wire yellow/black un plugged not sure where it goes it's under the fan area.any ideas??

image.jpg4_zps5dbfsqrl.jpg

i think this is for the center gauges, when not installed the wire is not pluged in.

its for the oil presure sensor

This one in the engine bay will connect to the sensor, the other end is connected to the fuse box.

IIRC all 93+ cars has it already, doesnt matter if the car came stock with or without center gauges.

all wires which are needed for the center gauges are coming from the fuse box, there are 4.

8n66ibto.jpg

grey blue = light

brown = ground

blue green or yellow black = oil pressure

blue yellow or brown red = Volt meter

That's very cool! I just built a loom but could use what's already there.

What I'm unsure of is how to link what's there with my new gauges....

yes, if you are going to buy the gauges, make sure the seller also is delivering the plug (pig tail) with the gauges.

my 93 came with the cassette holder and had the 2 way plug for the light of the cassette holder. im not sure if this 2 way plug

is always present or only came with the cassette holder.

I have gages, 4 way plug, pressure sender ready to go. I would make use of the yellow wire in place if I could..... This would save me having to route another wire. I just need to know how to intercept it :)

i have two more pics of the black/yellow wire in the engine bay.

i had a hard time because the pre-owner cut off the little white plug from the wire. when i searched for the

white plug i cant find any.

203425948-w988-h741.jpg

and this is how it was in my car

mc9s27pj.jpg

and you say the other end of the wire goes to the fusebox? I take it that it wont be plugged into anything there either.

sorry i made a mistake. the black yellow wire coming from the engine bay is not connected to the fuse box, its just laying behind the fuse box somewhere, disconnected with a yellow plug (thats how it was in my car.)

i used a multimeter to check if this is the right one and it was. the Voltmeter will be pluged in the fuse box here

lbvxl5kl-m.jpg

edit:

this is the black/yellow coming from the engine bay. its got a back jacket after a few centimetre as you can see in the pic

ujtoyy8u.jpg

sorry englich is not my first language :(

Edited by Torsten

Torsten, you are now a hero of mine. I found the plug above and with the help of a mate tested it, so I have now connected up to the loom I made for my gages without the need to route anything to the engine bay.

Thank you kindly :)