delfinis38

heated seat relay

anyone found a replacement...

thinking about swapping the relays for new while I have the rear door card off. one of mine is buzzing.

anyone found a replacement...

thinking about swapping the relays for new while I have the rear door card off. one of mine is buzzing.

I have the same with my drivers side relay

oddly, it still does it intermittently even though I swapped the 2 relays around.

I was going to check the wires feeding into the relay box to see if a loose connection could be causing it to buzz as most days it will work ok for a 'time' (which differs every day) but then starts to buzz as if the relay cant decide if it should be open or closed

I had emailed the guy who does the rayne automotive leads, as he advertised a heated seat loom, but he said he brought a bunch from the US & hasn't had any since

IIRC when I looked a long while ago I was seeing some stupid prices considering it is just a simple relay

Thanks both.

no problem

let me know if you get anywhere with it & I will keep an eye out for the reply from the company

If they buzz its usually down to a loose connection had it in mine. Heated seat element Wire partially broke caused the relay to buzz, bit of soldering jobs a goodun

Edited by Jon_vr6

If they buzz its usually down to a loose connection had it in mine. Heated seat element Wire partially broke caused the relay to buzz, but of soldering jobs a goodun

that is kind of what I was thinking jon but hadn't looked into it yet

did you take the seats apart so as to insect & repair the element?

reply from Kuratec

Thank you for your request.

I have looked into this and I'm afraid I have no good news for you,

Sorry

Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,

KUFATEC Support Team

that is kind of what I was thinking jon but hadn't looked into it yet

did you take the seats apart so as to insect & repair the element?

Yeah it was broke on the seat base were the heat sensor is. Theres a wiki guide somewhere.

Yeah it was broke on the seat base were the heat sensor is. Theres a wiki guide somewhere.

ahhh that could also then potentially explain why my drivers seat has never gotten really that warm & nowhere near that which the gf's old storm seats did

thanks I will have a look

found the wiki page & have it printed & ready to tackle

Any luck with this ? Has it sorted it out.. still on a hunt for some spare relays. If anyone can point me in the right direction... want to put the rear door card back.

Any luck with this ? Has it sorted it out.. still on a hunt for some spare relays. If anyone can point me in the right direction... want to put the rear door card back.

hi m8

no ive not had the seat out yet

plus the VR has been at my mechanic's since before christmas & prior to that the relay wasnt playing up like it used to - i wonder if me leaving it in the 'on' position all the time helped it sort its own life out lol

i think it will be a spring job now but i will try to remember to update here or my build thread once ive had a look

I replaced the heated seat switch with one from a vw sharan/ford galaxy(swapped internals). Would it be wrong to assume that,as the switch is almost identical, they may also share similar/same relays?

I replaced the heated seat switch with one from a vw sharan/ford galaxy(swapped internals). Would it be wrong to assume that,as the switch is almost identical, they may also share similar/same relays?

good question easy

no part listed on GSF

a quick google & i can see the fuse/load info for the galaxy heated seats...

3, Brown, 5amp

ABS, ASR, ESP, Cruise, Aux Heater, A/C, Alarm, GPS, Heated Seats, - See more at: http://www.forum.fordmpv.com/smf2/ford-galaxy-reference-library/ford-galaxy-mk2-fuse-information-circuit-and-rating/#sthash.ufmDQzw4.dpuf

i would take an educated guess that if the rado also uses a 5amp fuse for the heated seats there is a good chance the relays would be similar if not the same as surely a relay is a relay as long as the incoming/outgoing loads are the same

EDI: i can find one for a mondeo....hmmmmm

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

good question easy

no part listed on GSF

a quick google & i can see the fuse/load info for the galaxy heated seats...

3, Brown, 5amp

ABS, ASR, ESP, Cruise, Aux Heater, A/C, Alarm, GPS, Heated Seats, - See more at: http://www.forum.fordmpv.com/smf2/ford-galaxy-reference-library/ford-galaxy-mk2-fuse-information-circuit-and-rating/#sthash.ufmDQzw4.dpuf

i would take an educated guess that if the rado also uses a 5amp fuse for the heated seats there is a good chance the relays would be similar if not the same as surely a relay is a relay as long as the incoming/outgoing loads are the same

EDI: i can find one for a mondeo....hmmmmm

Ha ha, that's too complicated for me, I'd be taking an old/existing one to a scrappy and try to match it up that way:lol:

Ha ha, that's too complicated for me, I'd be taking an old/existing one to a scrappy and try to match it up that way:lol:

lol that is another option :)

I need to replace the heating elements in base of seats, mine must have shorted out as it got mega hot in one spot, burnt my arse and the seat. :(

I need to replace the heating elements in base of seats, mine must have shorted out as it got mega hot in one spot, burnt my arse and the seat. :(

i think they are available from Heritage but likely to be expensive.

i have read about people fixing the existing elements where there is a break in them

I've not gotten round to stripping the seats yet so that may be an option....I've seen universal heating elements but the word universal and corrado rarely seem to go together :lol:

I've not gotten round to stripping the seats yet so that may be an option....I've seen universal heating elements but the word universal and corrado rarely seem to go together :lol:

ha ha i would agree with the latter sentiment Jim lol

i belive the element repair is similar to how you would repair the element in the rear screen