G60rob

G60 wing

The rear of the left side front wheel arch on my G60 is bubbled and rusty. The first body shop I went to would only take it on if a new wing was available. The second said the same, but was prepared to consider fitting a decent second hand one or, failing that, to take off my rusty wing, have it blasted and make metal sections to replace the rotten areas. Neither wanted to get involved with filler.

I take it new wings aren't available? I think they are late type because it's a '92 G60, NK 010364. There have been hints in the past that they might become available again, as there's a fair demand from VR6 owners.

I found an eBay breaker in Oxfordshire with a few wings but they look a bit rough to me.

A couple of years ago there was someone hoping to make GRP and carbon fibre wings, but their website isn't showing any Corrado wings.

The rear of the left side front wheel arch on my G60 is bubbled and rusty. The first body shop I went to would only take it on if a new wing was available. The second said the same, but was prepared to consider fitting a decent second hand one or, failing that, to take off my rusty wing, have it blasted and make metal sections to replace the rotten areas. Neither wanted to get involved with filler.

I take it new wings aren't available? I think they are late type because it's a '92 G60, NK 010364. There have been hints in the past that they might become available again, as there's a fair demand from VR6 owners.

I found an eBay breaker in Oxfordshire with a few wings but they look a bit rough to me.

A couple of years ago there was someone hoping to make GRP and carbon fibre wings, but their website isn't showing any Corrado wings.

LWS Design are now producing carbon fibre wings but they are not cheap

also,i believe you can get new wings from http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/ but buy them via VW Heritage

LWS Design are now producing carbon fibre wings but they are not cheap

also,i believe you can get new wings from http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/ but buy them via VW Heritage

finally found them for you - I really don't like the way classic parts have redone their site, it makes finding parts difficult

http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/kotflugel-corrado.html

You can say that again! Your second link takes me to a log-in page, so it looks as if I'd have to register on the site.

The first link does bring up a parts site but it's all in German. I searched for Kotflügel Corrado and it came up with (at http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/kotflugel-corrado.html):

Teilenummer: 535 821 021 B Kotflügel links Corrado Bis 1991 Bis Fahrgestell-Nummer 50M 011396, which I translate as "up to 1991 up to VIN number 50M 011396". My VIN is 50z NK010364, so is what they're offering the right part for my car? Seems to me it's the early wing, yet further down the page it says "Dieses Ersatzteil wurde in folgenden Modellen verbaut" which Google translates as "This spare part has been installed in the following models: Corrado (09/88 - 07/95)"! Maybe that means it fits even though it's not the correct part?

Knowing the correct part number for my car would help. Anybody?

The "Corrado 1989-95 » Corrado Body » Panels - Front Body" link on VW Heritage doesn't show any panels. Maybe I need to phone them.

You can say that again! Your second link takes me to a log-in page, so it looks as if I'd have to register on the site.

The first link does bring up a parts site but it's all in German. I searched for Kotflügel Corrado and it came up with (at http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/kotflugel-corrado.html):

Teilenummer: 535 821 021 B Kotflügel links Corrado Bis 1991 Bis Fahrgestell-Nummer 50M 011396, which I translate as "up to 1991 up to VIN number 50M 011396". My VIN is 50z NK010364, so is what they're offering the right part for my car? Seems to me it's the early wing, yet further down the page it says "Dieses Ersatzteil wurde in folgenden Modellen verbaut" which Google translates as "This spare part has been installed in the following models: Corrado (09/88 - 07/95)"! Maybe that means it fits even though it's not the correct part?

Knowing the correct part number for my car would help. Anybody?

The "Corrado 1989-95 » Corrado Body » Panels - Front Body" link on VW Heritage doesn't show any panels. Maybe I need to phone them.

LOL m8 if you look in the top right corner of the classic page it has a language button you can click so as to set to UK ;)

I too struggled navigating the site for parts, it was so much better before they changed it

if I was you I would either send AnnaVR6 on here a PM, as she works at Heritage, or call Heritage & ask them to identify the correct part. they will be able to do it from your VIN

they will order it from classic in Germany for you, takes about 3-4 weeks

EDIT: not sure why that log in page comes up. try going to the classic parts home page, set language to UK & then click into the shop part & on the corrado link on the left hand side

Edited by g0ldf1ng3r

I phoned VW Heritage. It's as I thought: Classic Parts in Germany only have the early wings, part no. 535 821 021B. Mine is a later wing, same part no. but ending D. So the only option is repair, or find a good scrap wing.

LWS Design are listing Golf and Caddy carbon fibre wings, but not Corrado.

Edited by G60rob

How bad are your wings? I have a couple off my late vr6 which will need minor repairs and I'm only near Doncaster if you interested.

Tim.

Tjninny - the rear edge of the wheel arch is rusted. The bodyshops' opinion was that grinding away the rust would remove that part of the arch. A used wing with minor damage that can be repaired without removing a significant amount of metal would be better, so I might be interested. Have you any photos of yours?

SR_Neale - yes, prices are listed. Why not have a look at the site?

Tjninny - the rear edge of the wheel arch is rusted. The bodyshops' opinion was that grinding away the rust would remove that part of the arch. A used wing with minor damage that can be repaired without removing a significant amount of metal would be better, so I might be interested. Have you any photos of yours?

SR_Neale - yes, prices are listed. Why not have a look at the site?

Didn't want to register to find they didn't list the prices so will register now.cheers

SR_Neale - no need to register. Just go to http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de/en/spare-parts/corrado.html

it is an odd one this. I too copied the link you have above from browser & then paste into thread on here. however when you click the link from the thread it goes to a log in page BUT the link wasn't originally copied from a log in page

best thing is to just type http://www.volkswagen-classic-parts.de or copy that & paste into address bar of browser

no log in page that way at it doesn't have some weird redirect going on

EDIT: for all those who are unaware - do not order direct from classic parts as their carriage charges are ridiculous. instead order through VW Heritage. it takes 3-4 weeks but if the part, or order, is over £35 they used to give free delivery ;)

Cheers for the links chaps. Found them at €420 which is about £330. So for 2 wings that's more than half what I paid for the car. Think I might give them a miss.

Painting isn't a problem as I have all the guns and compressor but paint and laquer would come to about £40 so brings the grand total to £700 ouch.