seanrodford

Eaton supercharged

Ok so hopfully picking up an eaton m90 in the next couple days for the corrado... I gota take the head off as I have a knackered ring (no puns please) but wana know from experience weather I should run std compression at 6psi boost or drop it with a set of wisecos to 9:1? Thanks in advance Sean

Certainly don't take this as gospel but my understanding is that if running relatively low levels of boost in a basic supercharged application, stock compression should be OK. You only need to consider lowering the compression if you plan to put a fair bit more power through or go for higher boost.

So it really depends if this modification is all you plan to do for now, or whether you plan to dial it up a bit in the future - in which case, with the head coming off anyway, you should consider putting in the groundwork now to handle higher power later on down the road.

How are you planning to fit / mount the eaton charger? Given the design of it, it doesn't strike me as especially well suited for the VR6 when compared to say the Z-Engineering type which sits where the airbox does. The eaton would need mounting up somehow in front or behind the block? Looking around on Google image search there have certainly been some interesting solutions to squeeze one into a VR6 engine bay!! :)

Awesome, comprehensive build thread of an M90 into a VR6 (Passat) here:

http://www.montrealracing.com/forums/showthread.php?750682-PROJECT-VR6-install-Supercharger-M90-thunderbird-With-Video