cmalyan

Passenger Window

Hi all,

My passenger side window seems to have stopped working, I can hear a 'clicking' noise when I push the button up and down but the window does move at all. It's the same when I try the passenger button on the drivers side.

I did take the door trim off and have a look today but couldn't spot anything obvious.

Does anyone have any ideas what it might be?!

Thanks

Take off door panel and see if 12v is reaching the Motor by using a test light.

Could be a broken wire in the look that bends every time you open the door, they do break within their insulation. Faulty switch Unit, rare but can happen. Buggered relè..

Thanks mate. I think it may be in the door bend as I have overcome it by opening and closing the door in the past.....

I'll dig into the wiring....

Wouldn't think it's a broken wire in this case as you can hear a clicking noise presumably from the motor if a cable had broken it wouldent do any think at all I would think?

Either the motor has or is failing or the mechanism has failed or seized.

Mine did this the other week. I took the door card off and made sure the connections were all ok. I then rapidly flicked the switch up and down a few times, and it then started working again.

Good luck :)

My passenger side had the same problem, I could hear a clunk noise when I pressed both switches so I thought it was the mechanism itself. I then proceded to hit the mechanism with a huge pry bar and and it worked!