Purple Tom

O/S late foglight - damaged

Hi,

Another hoarded item that I was going to put a new lens on. A late O/S (drivers side) foglight with a cracked lens, as per the pictures.

The reflector is good, as is the rest of it, just needs a new lens.

£25 posted.

a6d38ceda942d34cc64896b263e2a5ca.jpg

4136798864439eb2ea88d756eba23a47.jpg

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

Hi Tom,

I'll take it mate, send me you PayPal details.

Cheers-Andrew.

Edited by VEEDUBBED

I'll get back to you Tomorrow with My brother's address in the Uk, he recently moved so i'm not 100% sure.

Thanks.

Just a quick bump to add that i received the foglamp yesterday,and that my brother bought it over from the UK so atleast i managed to save on postage.

The thing that ****s me off to the extreme is the fact that the foglamp has, other than the stated cracked lens,a broken off mounting lug and totally ****, rusted reflector.

I think you forgot to mention these thing as nothing is mentioned on the for sale add and nothing mentioned in our PMs we sent and not visible on the photos either, if youd have photoed the foglamp upright, well, that would have been a completely different story..

THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN MENTIONED BEFORE SELLING THE LAMP, which to me now is utterly ****ing useless.

I've sold loads of bits over the years to loads of different corrado owners and never had a complaint from ANYONE, this **** is not on, especially from other forum members.

Bollocks to it, now i've got it i'll have to keep it as it'll cost me to post it back down, getting PayPal involved bla, bla i can't be ****ing bothered and haven't got the time.

Purple Tom, I'm not ****ing impressed and not happy.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa - no need for all of the anger and swearing! Instead of getting all angry how about actually getting in touch with me in a civilised manner and giving me the opportunity to sort it out for you?

I'm sorry that it's not as expected, totally not my intention. I just grabbed it from where it had been sitting and took some quick pictures. I've sold loads of stuff on here and never had a complaint before either so I understand your frustration but I'm not in the business of deliberately misleading people!

Anyway....refund sent - should be in your paypal now.

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom
Reworded reply

Sorry but i don't agree, when you sell something you check it first THEN write the description of what condition it's in, defects, bits missing etc.

That's how i sell parts, i try and bend over backwards to help others, i' ve been screwed over too many times and i'm getting a bit ****ed off with it. It's not a question of not noticing an obvious defect that jumps out at you, how can you not notice it? You took the photos, right?

I'll post back the item if you agree on paying the return postage, sound fair?

Yep I get where you're coming from, unfortunately I can only say that I was in a bit of a rush when I posted that particular advert (listed a lot of things recently!) and I can only apologise for that, in all honesty I was more concerned about concentrating on the crack in the lens that I didn't even think to look at the back or the mounting tabs.

I do however feel that you could have been a little fairer in your initial message and not vented your frustration without at least first contacting me in person to see what could be done. Talking about 'going through Paypal' is a little unnecessary when I was quite willing to issue a refund, if you'd only brought it to my attention.

I also feel that you are trying to personally insult me by suggesting I do not help others. I have sold many, many parts on this forum (and many others) often for considerably cheaper than they are really worth as it is my opinion that the parts are better off on someones car than going to dust in my garage. So please don't in any way try to suggest that I'm not helpful.

As for the light itself - please keep it. I'm sure the bulb might be of use, as well as the backing cover.

Thanks

Tom

Edited by Purple Tom

I've bought various things from Tom over the years and they have always been well priced and as described. He also went well out of his way to meet up with me near Preston with various panels for my twilight VR.

I would say he has an excellent reputation on here and has also offered lots of help on various mechanical topics.

Mistakes happen and it's unfortunate but Tom is a decent guy so maybe cut him some slack

I've bought various things from Tom over the years and they have always been well priced and as described. He also went well out of his way to meet up with me near Preston with various panels for my twilight VR.

I would say he has an excellent reputation on here and has also offered lots of help on various mechanical topics.

Mistakes happen and it's unfortunate but Tom is a decent guy so maybe cut him some slack

Ditto the above, this community is well served by Tom and Fuzz alike.

Your rant shows you in a very poor light Veedubbed, especially as you made no prior attempt to contact Tom before abusing him in public.

Let's see if this kinda thing happens to either of you two who chimed in, then we'll see if you both sing along the same lines.

Unfortunatly for me, this is the second time the exact same thing has happened, exactly the same problem with exactly the same parts, even the same 'effing side so if you'd excuse me for being a little ****ed off, as i just said, you'd do the same if faced with this same problem that i've had..TWICE.

And let's not forget the little episode regarding the pocketed postage money that i lost that's been on the bad salesmen thread thanks to another forum member who went fukkin awol after, nothing to do with Thomas, but strange how nobody commented on that though..

Mistakes happen, granted and Thomas offered his apologies which i accept and i offer the same to him and am genuinely sorry for biting his head off as i saw red and didn't reason but anyone faced with the same problem would have done the same especially when it's YOU paying.

Let's end it here, as i said above i'm very sorry to Tom for shouting out at him but all it takes is once to be stung by other fly-by-clowns (not Tom) and you naturally tend to tar everyone else with the same brush and i challenge anyone to differ.

I've been buying stuff on here for years, far far too much stuff if I'm honest, that includes parts and cars btw. I've been stung at least twice, first time I remember was for a set of springs, second time was for some trim items. Both purchases were from new-ish users and I just put it down to that, no decent reputation .

I didn't get any refunds either. I also didn't spit the dummy, I just realised that I had to buy off trusted folk if I didn't want let down.

I've bought 3 cars off here, I've travelled to Somerset and Leeds to collect parts in person as well as received smaller items via post and couriers and not had a problem because I've used trusted long term sellers.

I have had problems with ebay sellers and always respond in a polite manner before raising a claim with ebay if the matter is not sorted by messaging the seller.

I'm 100% certain Tom would have sorted any problems without the need for the abuse from the get go from you.

Easypops and Dox (sorry, don't know your actual names!) - thank you for the kind words.

Veedubbed - I do try my very best to describe items accurately and unfortunately I neglected to do so fully on this advert, so perhaps a timely reminder there for me to double check items before I list them. I don't have an excuse for it and I apologise that you didn't get an item that met to your satisfaction. I think enough has been said in relation to the initial tone of your complaint so I won't go over old ground but may I suggest perhaps a little more diplomacy should you experience such an issue in future. Not everyone is out to con you and it costs nothing to be polite.

Thanks

Tom