Declan Sedrick Lehane

Declan's VR6 Storm

Hello All (All copied from Edition 38 for you lot that don't go on there!)

I did start one of these ages ago but it seems to have gone missing over time! so here goes.

I used to have a 2Slow VW Bora which ended up looking like this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83370[/ATTACH]

As much as I had fun with the car, I fancied something a little more special, and something slightly older from the VW range. I went a viewed a few MK2 golfs, but nothing that really caught my eye. Then, through a friend, I was told about a VW Corrado that was local to me that the owner wanted rid of.

So, we took a little drive down to the owner to see what the car was. It was a Corrado looking rather sorry for its self in the back of a Garage. The owner passed away, and the mans Son just left it for a few years, and finally the time came that it needed to go. On inspection the car needed some work, but the general condition was ok, so a great deal was made, and a week later we picked it up.

So, I didn't know too much about Corrado's at this point. But, the car in question, was a 1995 VR6, with just over 100K on the clocks, full history and even better, a Storm :D (I did need to research this at this point haha!).

So, I got it home, and this is what I ended up with:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83371[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83372[/ATTACH]

So it got taken to my mates garage, and everyone was surprised at how good a car it was. Zero Rust and a nice clean car. A full service, new oils, new brakes and tyres, new battery, then it flew through its mot :D

As it was stood for so long it was treated to a deep clean, inside and out! it was a mess but came out looking great for a 20 year old car thats not moved in years!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83375[/ATTACH]

So I used it like this for a few weeks, then a few toys came for the car. On went coilovers and a full Jetex exhaust system and an K&N induction kit! Ending up in this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83376[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83377[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83378[/ATTACH]

Again used it for a while. Couple photos along the way.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83379[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83380[/ATTACH]

My mate was going to an AMD rolling road day so took the C along.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83381[/ATTACH]

Link to a video of it on the rolling road ;)

https://www.flickr.c...eposted-public/

And a result - well chuffed at 194.5 BHP

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83382[/ATTACH]

Then the car got treated to some fresh paint! Only bad iPhone pics below but here goes:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83383[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83384[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83385[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83386[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]83388[/ATTACH]

Still more to do on it, fit the front fogs and indicators, rear plate and a few more plans, but enjoy!

Thought it best be time I update this! So the car has been enjoyed, and not a huge amount to update, but little bits over the last few months!

As ever cleaning the car, keeping it all waxed up!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84279[/ATTACH]

found my dream car, perfect time for a quick terrible photo :wub:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84280[/ATTACH]

I've never been shy to take to use this car, so just a nice little drive up to Scotland.... :lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84281[/ATTACH]

Defiantly worth the drive, some lovely roads and views, car didnt miss a beat!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84282[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84283[/ATTACH]

Parked up for the week whilst I enjoy far too many beers!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84284[/ATTACH]

After a week and a bit, it was time to go home, again, was a perfect drive back home. So impressed with the old girl!

Found another photo op....

28796262481_a631d69a09_b.jpg

Went for a bit of off roading :lol:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84285[/ATTACH]

Then, a proper update! since having this car I always wanted a set of factory Recaros for the Corrado, so this happened!!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84286[/ATTACH]

Really happy with them, they are so good and really improve the interior!

And the car as it is now:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84287[/ATTACH]

Next things to too are a general service, need to change the top mounts, and probably space the wheels out 10-15mm until I find the perfect set of wheel (that I can afford!!).

Also, some numpty decided to bump the front, and then also the rear in the same week in car parks, so both bumpers are booked back in for paint :angry:, only slight cosmetic bits but my OCD wont allow it!!! Cant have it all!