mic_VR

Halfords Battery Replacements

Morning all!

Just wondering if people have had any success getting a battery replaced by Halfords without a receipt? I know a few years ago people had some success.

My battery is less than 2 years old but just won't hold a charge, even with a battery conditioner, so I need to change it.... but having moved house I can't find my receipt

Yeah they're pretty good, I've had one without reciept - I think if it's that new they can tell by looking at it...

They don't do Bosch now though unfortunately but the ones they sell, Yuassa are the same as TPS now do and they also do a lifetime guaranteed one!

If you need a Bosch S4 though, car parts for less sell them for around £36 (for an 063) with a discount code or even cheaper from Eurocarparts if you have a trade account - around £25!

This is the 2nd Halfords battery I've had so if I can get something that affordable I may just change it.

Anyone got a eurocarparts trade account? :lol:

Cheers Mate

So, bit of a result.

Halfords wouldn't upgrade to the lifetime battery but did give me a direct replacement even without the receipt.

So, bit of a result.

Halfords wouldn't upgrade to the lifetime battery but did give me a direct replacement even without the receipt.

winner :)

Winner winner chicken dinner...

Are lifetime batts really lifetime.

Well, there is a question! The right size for the 'rado was £136 and made by Yuassa

Nice one! I think there must have been a bad batch or change in supplier with Halfords. Your the about the 10th person I've seen have to change their Halfords battery in the last few months.

Yeah so the new one is a different design so maybe they changed it. I don't mind as long as it works