Tizedes

Best panel filter

Hello Guys,

I am a new Corrado owner.

I have read a lot old comment but i did not get a straight answer or i missunderstand something. My rado (2.0 16v) ecu remapped in 2008 thet time had a panel filter (fitted by previous owner) when i have purchased it has a normal paper filter. I am thinking to change a performance panel filter. I do not expecting more power.

My qoustions are,will i have a better response?

If i look after the filter (service regulary) wont damage the engine?

Last question which is the best panel filter for it?(pipecross,k&n,bmc or etc..)

Many Thanks

Regards(New Member)

Adam

Edited by Tizedes

They're all much the same and you won't notice any difference from reusable panel filters, they won't harm the engine either though. Paper filters do filter slightly finer particles from the air and are in theory slightly more restrictive but the 16v filter is a fair size so it's not a restriction on the inlet side of the engine really anyway.

Having fitted a K&N to mine, I agree you won't notice a difference other than intake noise. Best mod by far was fitting KR cams which allegedly gives 10-15 bhp (I have a spare set if interested), other good mod was the 50mm inlet which gives a drop in torque (I didn't notice) but lets it rev for England.

Thanks Guys.

The engine already modified by Stealth racing so it has a 50mm inlet and ecu remap.

I have a dyno test before and after. They have measured 160bhp after the modification.

But i use with normal filter that is why i am asking.

Thanks Guys.

The engine already modified by Stealth racing so it has a 50mm inlet and ecu remap.

I have a dyno test before and after. They have measured 160bhp after the modification.

But i use with normal filter that is why i am asking.

probably got the KR cams in already then with 160 bhp. :)