TrumpieVr

Engine cutting out

Hi, I've got a intermittent problem where the engine will cut out while driving, no ignition lights come on etc but the engine just dies with no other signs before hand. It won't bump start(seems to have no spark)but will restart straight away so can be done while still on the move by dipping clutch.

Doesn't have a problem starting any other time so have ruled out ignition switch only thing I can think is its either ecu relay or crank sensor but either way confused why turning key off and restarting again clears fault such that I can drive for an hour or so. Thoughts. Thanks

Try unplugging your ecu plug and the large round multiple in the engine bay.

May sound silly but give them a light dose of wd40. This will potentially resolve an oxidised contact and keep them

Lightly oiled in future. I also changed a crank sensor and have had consistency ever since doing these.

Certainly not an exhaustive list but a very good place to start crank sensor approx 70.00 from ecp don't buy too cheap on this. Read up in here about crank sensor.

Good luck

mine was a LAMBDA issue - somehow. Car would cut out, then would drive for a bit before cutting out again. After much trial and error, unplugging the LAMBDA stopped it from happening, so I just drove about without the LAMBDA as didn't have time to investigate why this was the case...