ejaz

I've a corrado VR6 been stood still for 5 years now not starting

It's a 1994 model. I've changed the Sparks. Fuel pump relay 167( that's what a vagcom check said) and the camshaft position sensor. Car turns but not starting. The 109 relay I've not changed. But I'm getting the feeling that's not going to work. Oh yes when I got the car the car wouldn't even start so I had someone remove the immobiliser and that allowed the car to turn at least. Oh and I've put a new Bosch car battery in.

What do I do next ? Ps. I ain't a mechanic. I'm a doctor so I only know what I read and the above changes were easy enough to do on my own.

Someone help.

Ejaz

As has been said, fuel being 5 years old isn't going to be in optimal shape. I'd look to get whatever is in the tank syphoned out and replaced with at least a few litres of fresh fuel - then see how you stand. I'd also be looking to get it fully serviced ASAP as all those fluids (oil, coolant, brake fluid, etc) stood for 5 years won't be in good condition at all.

Change the 109 relay, it'll rule it out for very little outlay. The fundamentals need to be checked first though. Drain and renew fuel with fresh as suggested. Then check to see if you're getting fuel to the cylinders by removing the plugs after cranking, and you should smell fuel and see the spark plugs are wet.

If that all looks good, are you getting spark? with the plugs removed, earth the threaded part of the plug on the block, and turn the car over. Do this at each plug. If you're getting a strong spark, its probably an electrical problem. If not, work your way back with leads, coilpack, or ECU. Its a process of elimination in some cases unfortunately, as the primitive On Board Diagnostics don't give a whole lot of options in some cases.

Where are you based? I'm sure someone local would be willing to give you a hand if you ask nicely, and they may even have vagcom to scan it if you don't.

I'll try all of that. I'm new to this forum. Cant believe how prompt you guys have been with your responses. Thanking you kindly. Will keep you posted. Someone coming today to re vag com it.

Ps. My other classic is a 911S 2.7 1975

Model. I love these oldies.