cmalyan

VR6 cutting out

Hi all,

Took my VR6 out this afternoon - started with no issues and driving fine, got to my destination after approx. 10 mins and it cut out when I took my foot off the accelerator. It started again straight away but continued to cut out unless I kept the revs going.

I've not had a chance to look at it yet but it's also doing it when cold, could this be pointing towards the ISV?

Thanks!

Most of us would say in this situation, to check all the vacuum hoses . Rather than inspect them on the car , i would remove them to have a proper look . Check for splits / holes . Also while all the pipes are off give the ISV a good clean .

Thanks - just had a look this afternoon and it was due to the wiring harness coming out of the MAF, clipped it back in and its idling as it should - result!

Back to purring like a kitten!

Edited by cmalyan
Missed info

Thanks - just had a look this afternoon and it was due to the wiring harness coming out of the MAF, clipped it back in and its idling as it should - result!

Back to purring like a kitten!

Nice easy fix :thumbleft: