nitsypee

Rear spoiler motor

I'm pretty sure this is the wrong sub-forum for this, so apologies but hopefully someone can help.

Went to the seaside today. Traffic was horrendous, but on the plus side I saw a blue Storm (I think) in Hunstanton. On the minus side, my rear spoiler started playing up: going up a little (with lots of little effort noises), then not going up at all. And then, on the journey home, working again, but in stops and starts.

So I'm pretty sure I'll be needing a new spoiler motor. My question is - where best to buy one?

Ta in advance

You can try taking out the mechanism and lubing the inside of the mech up that sometimes solves the problem.

Link below to another option bypassing thermo switch

http:// http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?t=94222

If you end up wanting to replace the motor you can get one through vw heritage via vw classic parts in germany. Using vw heritage to order the part will save on postage but can take up to 4 weeks to arrive.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Edited by Jon_vr6

Thanks v much Jon. I'd found VW Heritage on an internet search yesterday. That may well end up being the solution. Cheers

They are really helpful give them a ring if your unsure on part number

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ok. The Storm went in for a service today, and they checked out the spoiler problem at the same time. They told me that there's an electrical overheat cut out causing it to jump on and off - i.e. work intermittently.

Would it be best to go for the new motor option? Or bypass the overheat sensor thingy as on that other thread? Cheers