graham1971

Sunroof issues

I've had so many attempts at fixing my Corrado's sunroof now that I've (more or less) given up on having one that works as it should.

Has anyone on here ever tried converting to a manual operating sunroof like the old mk1 golf's and scirocco's had? One with a handle you turn.

Can't be that hard....can it?

I converted to mine to a Passat moon roof and love the amount of light it lets in with the shade back.

I've had so many attempts at fixing my Corrado's sunroof now that I've (more or less) given up on having one that works as it should.

Has anyone on here ever tried converting to a manual operating sunroof like the old mk1 golf's and scirocco's had? One with a handle you turn.

Can't be that hard....can it?

i have! well, in a fashion lol

i drilled a hole through the sunroof switch/interior light cover & keep a small screwdriver & a driver with the allen key head on it in the drivers door pocket. that way i can flick the allen key hole cover across, use allen key & then put the cover back. oddly mine will always then close on the door key

easy way to open it when the button decides to just click - or close it too lol

i really must try the spare motor i have to see if that is the issue

I have just installed the motor from a 1999 Skoda Octavia, works perfectly! It looks slightly different but fits perfectly and it's also made by Bosch. At £9.99 it's a bargain!

Is that brand new Graham? If so, where did you get it from!?

Not new no, I did say it was from a 1999 Skoda Octavia. Seems to be doing the trick at the minute though😊

I am also having issues with my sunroof not working all of a sudden. Ive not attempted to look into it yet, but what steps should I take to troubleshoot this? I guess checking the fuse would be one of them.