ed_d82

Newbie Vr6 in Bournemouthshire

hi, thanks for the continued warm welcome! T'was an epic road trip and a half with some high points (getting asked in a Welsh service station "is that a corrado"?) and some lows - just generally the tiredness after being on the road for so long.

Good to see so many owners from down here! I've only seen one green storm around Southbourne but looking forward to a meet up. I'm potentially in for Sunday (will check with the Mrs) but game to say hello to a few others :)

Enjoy the auto, its a nice lazy drive. When it gives you a lot of unsolvable grief or if you fancy a change the conversion to manual is not too hard. Doable over a few weekends if you take your time.

And welcome, btw ;)

Well! I'm now scuppered for this Sunday. How about C's by the Sea, 1st Sunday in June (5th)? If so, I'll put a regional meet up. Maybe head to Boscombe beach for long photo then a spin out to the Bakers?

http://www.allvinylexperience.com

I'm free sounds like a good plan fella!!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I've just checked and it's the last day of the Wheels festival in town! Might put the kybosh on the beach part but hey. Where is a good place to meet? Stick to the Homebase car park at Redlands?

http://www.allvinylexperience.com

Homebase is good for me nice and central!

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

No apologies needed! Glad to see I've become the glue that binds our south coast brethren together! I should be in for the Jun meet up ☺

Fla... thanks for the welcome, good to know the conversion isn't too much of a task. I've got a Vw mechanic friend who's offered to do it parts and labour for 800 so mulling that at the moment! ☺

Ahhhhhh ed_d82 welcome to the forum; bought a car from Ireland and lives in Bournemouthshire.......lets do a bit of mind reading......yep got it, do you do trips to Swindon. My username should give you the clue. Glad you found the website and I'll have to keep tabs on this thread now. Nice long day to get her but like you said the long test drive allows you to get to know her very quickly. Did similar in picking up my latest Edinburgh to Swindon

Ozowen, many thanks for the welcome! Indeed I travel to swindon regularly... your powers of deduction are spot on ;)

Really enjoying ownership thus far and being part of the site, hope to catch up at a meet at somepoint :)