JEZR

VDO oil / volt Gauge Circuit Diagram Needed

Hi,

I've got hold of a VDO oil / volts unit 536919527 that is in the hands of a mate who can probably fix it if we can get hold of a circuit diagram. Two questions:

Does anyone know where one might exist?

I've been told VDO are a live company - anyone got contact details?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by JEZR

Wiring is simplicity itself and you need not concern yourself with a wiring diagram. The gauge lighting will tap into the blue/white interior lighting harness already present behind the dash. The voltage gauge picks up on an ignition controlled live supply and then a good earth return. The gauge will require the use of an appropriately rated genuine VDO twin pole electric pressure sender, which is fitted in place of the low pressure warning sender on top of the oil filter head. The wire that originally went to the low pressure sender is fitted to the new VDO sender on the terminal marked "W". The other terminal on the new sender is marked "G" and this takes the signal wire to your oil pressure gauge. The last wire is an ignition controlled live to the oil pressure gauge. Voila, job done. Now before you go running new wires through the bulkhead into the engine bay, first check for the original loom installation, as most Corrados were wired for these additional gauges but we're not fitted as factory options. If you look in the engine compartment, at the harness for the oil pressure senders, you will see one wire not used and tied back to the other wires for the oil switches. This is the wire for your gauge signal from a VDO sender. Trace this wire behind the dash and you will have saved a whole bunch of heartache installing a new wire. I hope this helps you get all gauged up

Bless your cottons for all that valuable info'. It will be invaluable if and when we get to fit it when repaired. However, it's one stage on from what's needed now. The unit isn't functioning and I need a circuit diagram of the actual internal circuits.

http://www.allvinylexperience.com

Given that I just about still have a life I will need to refer back to my factory wiring diagrams for that. I will try to remember this next week when I get back into the workshop and I'll take a pic and post it up. You could call if you need other help.

http://www.johnmitchellracing.co.uk

That's brilliant that you've got a diagram! It'd be really appreciated. I bought the unit as bust but have a mate who is pretty good with this stuff. So, any help to resurrect it would be fab. Cheers!

http://www.allvinylexperience.com

Edited by JEZR

Sorry fella, we are working our way through a sea of Corrado restoration jobs in our workshops and finding time to remember and tick those little favours sometimes struggles to hit the top of the pile. I will endeavour to square this away.