Sign in to follow this  
bigvos

Postage on wheels?

Just bought wheels on e-bay at the weekend, 17" Wolfrace Voodoos with tyres. The only problem is the wheels are in Nottingham and i need them shipped to Glasgow. After getting in touch with the seller they reckon it's costing £100+ to do this and the cheapest qoute is parcelforce 2 day delivery.

I was expecting to pay about £50 after talking to someone who has got wheels delivered before.

I would appreciate any suggestions if anyone has purchased wheels on e-bay, i can't help thinking this price is a bit steep! :mad:

Cheers

I have just purchased a set of 17" alloys (no tyres) and the seller advised £40 next-day courier from Wales.

So I'd say £50 tops then.

Could always ring a courier company and organise the delivery yourself, or is that cheeky ?

You know, tell him you'll send someone round to collect them ... else you'll pop one in his kneecaps :twisted:

Don't believe em.

I priced alloys and tyres to Scotland from Nottingham, wheel and tyre weight was 15kg each for 15" x 6" and the cost was £48 with Parcelforce. If you look on their website you'll find a phone number for customer services or something, then just follow the dreaded answering service.

Dave

I bought some wheels off Ebay a couple of months ago (4x 15" speedlines - all with tyres) and delivery was under £50 - but I can't remember which courier the seller used. :?

It'll definitely be worth checking the cost yourself with a couple of couriers and arranging for them to pick them up from him. Saves him the hassle, and should save you £50.

Ive had wheels sent from Germany with tyres and it cost £60 so he is taking the piss or the are made of lead..

Just phoned the guy and got his postcode so i'll be ringing around tomorrow. Cheers guys.

He said they weigh just over 20kg each.

tell him you will sort it..................ring up parcel force or whoever yourself and organise it that way. As long as you pay the asking price for the wheels he cant say diddly squat.

f*ck parcel farce, get a proper courier to do it.

I got 4 16" ABT wheels (no tyres), all separately boxed up delivered overnight from Croydon to York for £18.

I think it was Night Freight or someone like that who did it.