89G60

Suspension difference vr6 - 4 cylinder

Hi all, new to the group.

I'm curious can I fit a vr6 suspension kit i I have on a G60?

Got the Shocks and springs, will I need vr6 caps and top mounts..?

Also, Will there be no touching of the wheel/strut due to G60 being non-widetrack? I imagine the struts to be physically the same..

Any help would be great

Thanks

From memory the top mounts and everything are the same (I'll stand to be corrected on that)

As for the strut if the G60 has standard suspension on pop a wheel off and take some measurements of the strut on the car and compare

Seems like after a bit of searching all I need are vr6 spring caps and mounts.. But I'll measure up first as that's a great idea.

Cheers

If I get chance to get down the workshop today I'll have a look got a couple of VR subframes and two 16v corrados ill see if I can size them up

If I get chance to get down the workshop today I'll have a look got a couple of VR subframes and two 16v corrados ill see if I can size them up

Nice one mate..

No issues with that its all interchangeable and you only have to allow for the faff with spring caps and top mounts, which normally need the internal diameter type.

Been running VR6 springs and Koni yellow dampers for years - its a better setup than the 16v/G60 springs and dampers as the 16v springs are designed for use on standard shocks.

No issues with that its all interchangeable and you only have to allow for the faff with spring caps and top mounts, which normally need the internal diameter type.

Been running VR6 springs and Koni yellow dampers for years - its a better setup than the 16v/G60 springs and dampers as the 16v springs are designed for use on standard shocks.

good info Yandards thank you

timely too as i was donated a set of VR coillies recently & want to put them on an early valver

any chance you could expand a little on the 'faff' you mention of spring caps & top mounts pls?

thanks

good info Yandards thank you

timely too as i was donated a set of VR coillies recently & want to put them on an early valver

any chance you could expand a little on the 'faff' you mention of spring caps & top mounts pls?

thanks

hi Yandards - any info on the faff you mentioned pls?

MOT in next couple of weeks & i may need to swap the suspension out

thanks

Hallo,

Sorry been away, coilovers should use their own spring caps.

To see if the stuff will work you just need to build it all up off the car and confirm the various pieces assemble correctly, ie the spring caps fit the shock absorber and the top mounts fit etc.

As you are using coilovers its a lot easier and all types of Corrado have an identical suspension mounting point on the chassis which takes all types of top mounts.

Hallo,

Sorry been away, coilovers should use their own spring caps.

To see if the stuff will work you just need to build it all up off the car and confirm the various pieces assemble correctly, ie the spring caps fit the shock absorber and the top mounts fit etc.

As you are using coilovers its a lot easier and all types of Corrado have an identical suspension mounting point on the chassis which takes all types of top mounts.

hello m8

no danger, i appreciate your reply

cool, great info thanks :)