Cressa

Standard suspension spring lengths vr6

Could anyone measure the above for the front and rear please. I'm after an off the car standard spring length measurement to see if the monroe ones I have are correct.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That would be great. I've bought some oe rears and the car looks ridiculous

I only have an on strut length for the rear, as I left my spring compressors at a buddies.

They measure 30cm from the bottom of the top plate to the top of the cup. I can try and get you an uncompressed length in the week if you need it. Do you still need the front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just on the rears for now. Could you get me a measurement from the centre lower fixing eye to the bottom spring plate please. I want to see if these Monroe struts are longer. Something Is wrong with what I've bought.

Thanks

Rear Bolt eye to bottom of cup 320mm

Uncompressed front spring 335mm

Front strut bottom to cup 225mm

Compressed front spring top plate to bottom of cup 265mm

Thanks for those. I've only got the rears off at the moment. Gutted that in being an oe replacement it sits ridiculously high. I do know my spring is 345mm uncompressed and other quotes I've found have said that is what the late vr is !!

Who's make are your struts? Sorry for all the questions

That would be great. I've bought some oe rears and the car looks ridiculous

Ridiculous as in too high? I've a red VR here on standard setup and the rear arch gap is rather large......won't be like that when I start using it :)

I'll post a pic to see if it's similar to yours

[ATTACH]83990[/ATTACH]That ridiculous too high. ..

My rear bolt eye to bottom of the cup is actually shorter at 310??

Aghhhh

That does look rather high, I don't have any knowledge of the way it should be as I've never ran one on standard setup. I'm sure someone who does will confirm either way , good luck

96 VR standard ride height on 70k miles original springs & shocks, measured from floor to arch on a level floor, car unladen bar 30 litres of petrol

Front

e693004ea563f5aca13d6a3f7ab0b08b.jpg

Rear

99c2933781c88ec517d3e77720abbf4b.jpg

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by Will.I.Dub

Got my car in the air at the moment so can't compare unfortunately.

I only have an on strut length for the rear, as I left my spring compressors at a buddies.

They measure 30cm from the bottom of the top plate to the top of the cup. I can try and get you an uncompressed length in the week if you need it. Do you still need the front?

Crazily mine is the same

So I've faffed even more with the rear suspension.

Bolt eye to bottom cup = 315mm

Top plate to top of cup with the compressed spring in = 295mm

So all that sounds the same.

But on the picture of my car it looks more ridiculous than any oe set up.

I have wondered if the lower rubber that fits on top could be smaller to close the complete gap but I don't think that would be the right thing to do. So I understand more in why corrados need a shortened strut to help them sit looking better. I've considered a lowered spring but that has mixed reviews and I don't understand how that would work correctly when the piston is so long.....I picture the suspension could lift up and the spring come off its mounting(or perhaps that sounds extreme)

So unfortunately unless someone comes up with a great suggestion, due to funds these have to go back on as the car need money elsewhere.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated

Cressa

[ATTACH]83994[/ATTACH]

Standard I believe !!

[ATTACH]83997[/ATTACH] that's my rears and they're isn't much in the measurements... but mine looks so much worse

REAR SUSPENSION UPDATE

As much as I've wanted to keep the car totally standard, I can not live with the ridiculous look of the car on the new suspension. Finances are not good due to me already having paid out for these items last year so a lot of thought has gone into this. I decided to try some lowering springs and was looking at the eibach ones. Didn't fancy paying that price and noticed people have been using H&R ones. I had a look and found an Amazon bargain at £60 reduced from £215. Bought, delivered today and they're GREEN but the picture was black ( so much for me keeping am oem look) but I'm desperate and have fitted them.

And surprisingly I like them. When the rain stops I'll put a picture of the car with them on , but for now a close up of the difference. Hopefully the car won't be embarrassed when it finally gets to go out, one day.

But I appreciate everyone's help.

[ATTACH]84001[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84002[/ATTACH][ATTACH]84003[/ATTACH]

Glad to see you got to a solution you are pleased with, shame it took spending extra money.

Just one last thought, did you drive it at all with the other suspension on? That way making sure it was actually settled rather than just measuring straight after it got off the jack.

Unfortunately the project car hasn't moved in over a year apart from up and down the drive since it was fitted. Its not been driven to settle but has been on a while and moved nowhere. I have wondered if the wheels and tyre set up didn't help me in it looking dafter than anyone's. I'll get round to the fronts soon. Thanks for all your help

[ATTACH]84106[/ATTACH]finally I'm happy with how it sits.

Shame I hit the gate post on my way back in. Bloody corrado