Sign in to follow this  
flusted

Rear quarter glass bonded??

Ive just accidently smashed my o/s rear quarter glass :cry: are they easy to replace or are they bonded?

Advice greatly appreciated

they're bonded... :?

Never tried to replace one though... have you got windscreen cover on your insurance? they often cover side windows too... 8)

Oh dear..... VW for you then I'm afraid. You could cut the glass out of a wrecked Corrado but you'd still need a new seal.

How did you break it?

Yup they are bonded for sure. When i had my first raddo painted I had the seals cut off and then rebonded back on to save taking the actual glass out.

As for a price, may not be too expensive. I recently bought a windscreen for the one I sold. £192 including VAT without the discount, £111 including the VAT with the discount.

Oh dear..... VW for you then I'm afraid. You could cut the glass out of a wrecked Corrado but you'd still need a new seal.

You can get one out of a Corrado in one peice, the bodyshop did this when they had to respray the side of mine, but they got a glass company in to do it - I would find a scrapyard that has one and arrange a glass company to come and get it out for you.... (they are about £300 from VW IIRC)

£175 each from my local dealer... :(

If they're cut out for repainting, can they be re-bonded with the original seal?

On my quote to fix my err dents, I have an item that is around £30 listed as "rear window repair kit" which I presume is just the seals? Then you can go pilfer a bit of glass from a scrapper. I may be wrong though.

Hang on, I know the answer to this one :dorky: I was speaking to James Renshaw the other week and he said he'd had it done, so it must be possible...:)