stumvr6

Back for a second go! Storm in Mystic Blue in Teesside

Well it's true what most say on here about returning to Corrado ownership! I have came back for a second bite and can't stop smiling!!!

I sold my previous corrado, a Satin Silver 92 G60 back in 2008 due to lack of storage and the need to get something that could do big commuting miles. I always regretted not finding a storage facility for it because it was absolutely immaculate!! Unfortunately the guy I sold it to managed to wreck it over the next two years, luckily I was told about it and not there to witness the destruction in person...

I have now taken ownership of a Mystic Blue Storm. It needs some TLC and paint but otherwise mechanically excellent. Last owner an elderly gent who did no more than 1000 miles a year over the last 8 years. My plan is to slowly overhaul each area whilst getting out in between these projects and enjoying ownership again!!! Hopefully getting along to some shows to say hello and get some advice from the experts!

I will get some taken soon and get them on here. Bit embarrassed about the bonnet and tailgate! The previous owner sprayed them to prevent rust. My honest opinion is that a travel rug has a better finish and is more colour coordinated!!! It's only paint though and I aim to get a complete re spray in a year or two once fully restored. Will do a home job in the mean time to make it more presentable. Back window out at the moment to repaint tailgate and check for underlying rust.

Picked up my mystic blue Storm last year and only in Guisborough so I,m sure our paths will cross sometime...will put some pictures up when I,ve worked out how to do it..!!

Thanks all,

I picked the motor up from EBay. I was in contact with the guy selling early on and agreed in principle to buy without viewing.... It was risky but he had owned it 8 years and sent lots of honest pictures of the bad bits. I intend on getting it to a high standard with some minor mods such as improved suspension, bushes and wheels, probably some horsepower increase when I overhaul the engine. Otherwise keeping it looking standard. When it will all happen depends on how I can hide funds from other priorities like the wife, other cars, son, house lol.

Likewise pictures to follow once I get it out the garage and figure out how to upload them! Currently have the back window out repairing some rust around the bottom corner. Tailgate and bonnet desperately need painted before it will be seen in public again....

I am just along the road in Ingleby Barwick. Will be good to get to know some of the local

Nice to see a fellow teessider here. I'm just back into a corrado after an 8 year break will be good to see another one in the area there don't seem many about here at all !!

Big Up to the Guisborough massive...!!! Currently offshore at the moment , may give you a shout when i,m home if thats ok mate..!!!!

Ha ha I'm in exactly the same game pal 3x3 rota in the shetlands at the minute home for just under 2 weeks left if your about before I go back?